"TO DO" list Features

simon_dominic
Re: "TO DO" list Features

Post by simon_dominic » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 am

tayete wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:35 am
I think Paintstorm has been abandoned. The Roadmap is clearly outdated, much needed features to make it a "serious" app (like pinching and dragging in touch screens like Wacom Cintiq) never saw the light, and no news from a long time, makes me feel like PSS is no longer in active development.
That's what I've concluded. I sent an email to support a couple of weeks ago and never heard back.

Disappointing, as I use it for all my work now after being a Corel Painter user for 18 years. Paintstorm has, IMO, the best brush engine going, the best interface and a number of great features. I think it was priced too low and as such people thought it was a gimmick.

If the developer isn't pursuing it I hope he sells it on and someone else can take over development, or makes it open source. I'll still carry on using it as the only alternative now for me is Photoshop, and I don't fancy being ripped off for years to come and having to deal with an interface that belongs in 1997.
voneyezine

Post by voneyezine » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 am

simon_dominic wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 am
tayete wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:35 am
I think Paintstorm has been abandoned. The Roadmap is clearly outdated, much needed features to make it a "serious" app (like pinching and dragging in touch screens like Wacom Cintiq) never saw the light, and no news from a long time, makes me feel like PSS is no longer in active development.
there are features in this program that nobody has,,, like gradient stroke, only wish they had a way to change the direction of the gradient stokes and then there is mesh transform and liquify features that actually make sense, it blows Corel out of the water! who would pay their price if they knew this app exists. Corel just recently got gpu to work and they used it as a main feature in their 2020 update, and it not even close to how well gpu works in this.
That's what I've concluded. I sent an email to support a couple of weeks ago and never heard back.

Disappointing, as I use it for all my work now after being a Corel Painter user for 18 years. Paintstorm has, IMO, the best brush engine going, the best interface and a number of great features. I think it was priced too low and as such people thought it was a gimmick.

If the developer isn't pursuing it I hope he sells it on and someone else can take over development, or makes it open source. I'll still carry on using it as the only alternative now for me is Photoshop, and I don't fancy being ripped off for years to come and having to deal with an interface that belongs in 1997.
tayete

Post by tayete » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:30 pm

voneyezine wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 am
there are features in this program that nobody has,,, like gradient stroke, only wish they had a way to change the direction of the gradient stokes and then there is mesh transform and liquify features that actually make sense, it blows Corel out of the water! who would pay their price if they knew this app exists. Corel just recently got gpu to work and they used it as a main feature in their 2020 update, and it not even close to how well gpu works in this.
But those are features cool to have, but not "compulsory" like rotating, pinching and dragging with a Wacom are for a professional illustrator. And PSS may blow Corel in some features (same as Corel blows Photoshop in others), but...have you tried painting in a big canvas? It is nearly impossible due to lagging brushstrokes. I love how PSS deals with the brush engine, but you cannot use it for big images. And, when you are dealing with a publisher, he *needs* your pictures BIG to be printed properly.
MNKYshield

Post by MNKYshield » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:16 am

I hope theres an update in next 6 to 8 months otherwise might have to forget this one... Wud be nice if support can drop a comment, we wud at least know whats going on...
simon_dominic

Post by simon_dominic » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:22 pm

tayete wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:30 pm
voneyezine wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 am
But those are features cool to have, but not "compulsory" like rotating, pinching and dragging with a Wacom are for a professional illustrator. And PSS may blow Corel in some features (same as Corel blows Photoshop in others), but...have you tried painting in a big canvas? It is nearly impossible due to lagging brushstrokes. I love how PSS deals with the brush engine, but you cannot use it for big images. And, when you are dealing with a publisher, he *needs* your pictures BIG to be printed properly.
Are you sure you have GPU turned on? I've never had any sort of lag with Paintstorm, and that's with 6000+ px canvases and brushes up to 1000px. Painter, on the other hand, I've found unusable for many brush types.
simon_dominic

Post by simon_dominic » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:47 am

Good news, it's still going.