Failing pressure sensitivity

Tore
Failing pressure sensitivity

Post by Tore » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:23 pm

I have this odd problem with Paintstorm 2.02

When starting up Paintstorm the pen pressure sensibility doesn't work. I have to exit Paintstorm and then start it again immidiately. Then the pressure sensibility works fine. It is like Paintstorm has difficulty to catch on to the tablet on the first run.

I have tried to: reinstall Paintstorm, using an older version of Paintstorm, reinstall the Wacom driver, change the settings in Paintstorm tablet settings (mode Default 2 3 etc), turn windows ink on and off, etc. but nothing helps.
I am forced to start up Paintstorm two times every time I want to draw.

PS: I have just discovered that clicking on the Windows icon in the task bar while Paintstorm is running, so the Windows menu covers Paintstorm, makes pressure sensitivity work again! Even more mysterious!!

PC dualcore Intel 3.2 ghz, Windows 10 (fully updated),
GeForce 630, CUDA enabled
Wacom Intuos 4 M (PTK 640) driver: 6.3.24-2
support
Site Admin

Re: Failing pressure sensitivity

Post by support » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:54 am

Yes, it could happen for an unknown reason. For example you can try to record screen video by OBS - it should always hold focus on Paintstorm. Also some customers reported that Skype steals this focus.
Yanik

Re: Failing pressure sensitivity

Post by Yanik » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Dear Developer,

I have the same issue. After a restart it works fine.

When it happens the Paintstorm icon in the taskbar also isn't set properly. It displays a standard windows application icon instead of the Paintstorm icon.

Thank you for your support.

Windows 10 Pro
Nvidia 1080 GTX
Wacom Intuos 3 A5