Define hotkeys?

boxy

Define hotkeys?

Postby boxy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi
Is it possible to change the keyboard shortcuts? I've noticed that resetting the canvas rotation involves a Home key, but my reduced mac keyboard does not have a home key. Similarly, Fit to Normal Scale needs an End key which I don't have. If I open the Define Hotkeys panel, I can't seem to do anything which will allow me to change the hot keys. Are they editable or is this a possible bug?
iMac 5k, PSS1.5, El Capitan
Thanks
boxy

Re: Define hotkeys?

Postby boxy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:15 am

Hi
I now realise this may be part of a wider problem. In someone else's post about brush renaming I mentioned that double clicking text to rename doesn't work. I now realise it is not just brushes. I can't double click on layer names and maybe Define Hotkeys requires a similar action to edit?
Perhaps adding a "rename brush/layer etc" to the right click contextual menu as an alternative might help too?
Thanks
CravenLovelace

Postby CravenLovelace » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:11 pm

I am having the same problem. Can't figure out how to rename layers. Double-clicking does nothing.
boxy

Postby boxy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi
It took me a while to get used to the speed of double click and even now if double click doesn't work I keep clicking as quick as I can until the text field becomes active :D I wonder if this should be tweaked down a little or perhaps as already mentioned, Ad a 'rename' function to the contextual menus as a second option?
Cheers
elinoree

Postby elinoree » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:09 am

Did this ever get answered? The "Define Hotkeys" panel is great to look at, but I cannot actually do what it suggests I can do, and define hot keys. I really want to change quick zoom to z.
elinoree

Postby elinoree » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:13 am

I also don't have a "Home" button on my reduced size keyboard, and would like to re-define "fit to screen"
support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:03 am

elinoree wrote:Did this ever get answered? The "Define Hotkeys" panel is great to look at, but I cannot actually do what it suggests I can do, and define hot keys. I really want to change quick zoom to z.

"Fast zoom tool" at the hotkeys list (1st category)
"Fit to screen" 1st of Canvas category

Return to “Issues”