Can't save anything !!

Pomdpin
Can't save anything !!

Post by Pomdpin » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi, hum... So here the issue, I've been practicing a bit, nothing important, but since I was willing to share on some facebook group I needed to save my work and it looks like I can't...

I've tried Saving As jpeg, psd and png... But nothing. Well, for the PSD format, I do have a bar loading quickly but even if I quit and Paintstorm ask me if I want to save, my file doesn't appear anywhere. If I saved as PSD, loading up through "recent files" just gives me a blank page. Any other format just open a window saying "Error opening file. Perhaps this JPG-file have "Progressive compression" with 4 or 5 scans" even if I saved it on PNG.

I do have the latest version of Paintstorm so... please help ?
support
Site Admin

Re: Can't save anything !!

Post by support » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Very strange. Try to run Paintstorm as administrator. What directory do you choose at save? Try to change it. Is the file creates after save?
Pomdpin

Post by Pomdpin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Well I tried different things including uninstalling Paintstorm Studio, downloading the last version and installing it again and... Now, nothing works at all =/ I always get those three types of errors whether I try to run it normally or with as administrator, with or without deleting the documents\paintstorm studio file (the first one always appears, the other two seems to appears randomly, it's always one or the other).

I'm completely stuck =/ I tried installing it on my girlfirend's pc but it doesn't work either.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:51 pm

anyway looks like a file system access issue
Pomdpin

Post by Pomdpin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:50 pm

Do you know of any way to solve the issue ?
ixie

Post by ixie » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:56 pm

The paths you are trying to save to have forward slashes /

Maybe that has something to do with it
Pomdpin

Post by Pomdpin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Okay so I found this topic : http://www.paintstormstudio.com/forum/v ... f=2&t=4290 and tried some of it. I shut down my AV and firewall, put Paintstorm into "run as administrator" and it worked. I tried running it with the AV on and it worked too. Lastly I shut down my computer, started it again and still no problem. I can run PaintStorm and save drawing.

I have no idea what happened and why it suddenly work but... Well I won't complain !