Windows 10 Issues

cgmodeler
Windows 10 Issues

Post by cgmodeler » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:15 pm

I've just installed paintstorm on a windows 10 tablet, after spending 1 hour configuring panels, tools custom panels, when i close the program it showed "paintstorm.exe has stopped working" and none of my preferences were saved, it'll be great to have like in Maya a "save preferences button" just in case the program crashes all that hard work is not lost.

It seems that it's crashing too without even customizing anything so i might have to try and export the preferences from another computer where it's actually working.

I'm using latest 1.40 release.
Check out my latest work at:
http://www.cgmodelers.com
support
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 Issues

Post by support » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:32 am

You can try to copy all Documents\Paintstorm studio folder from other PC with replace all files.
This is bad situation, but I can only advice, exit Paintstorm several times in process of customization. For example - create custom panels - exit, create new brushes - exit... Exit = save.
cgmodeler

Re: Windows 10 Issues

Post by cgmodeler » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried exiting paintstorm just after each modification however it keeps crashing when closing, even without customizing anything so i had to build my preferences on another PC and then copy that folder to the windows 10 machine.

So far this solution has worked for the UI and brushes, however my custom panel functions are not working on the copied machine.

In the working PC I've built a custom panel with Functions like:
CUT
PASTE
FREE TRANSFORM
NEW LAYER
SELECT ALL
CLEAR

They work on the PC that the preferences were saved however when I copy these preferences to the Paintstorm Crashing machine the only ones that work on a custom panel are the brushes, none of the Functions work

This is a screenshot of my custom panel.
Attachments
PREFS.JPG
PREFS.JPG (58.77KiB)Viewed 2653 times
Check out my latest work at:
http://www.cgmodelers.com