Noob issue - Collapsing all and saving as jpeg?

machineslave
Noob issue - Collapsing all and saving as jpeg?

Post by machineslave » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:50 am

I will preface this forum post by saying - I absolutely love this painting application and paid for two licences without hesitation. However, I may have overlooked something but, I have no idea how to collapse all layers and save out the image that I'm working on as jpeg. Can you please help me? I'm attending a nerd group of Star Wars role players tomorrow and I want to show what my character looks like. Please help me Obe Paintstorm!

Also it would be a great feature to have a quick export mode where the user, at the the click of an export feature can output what they are currently working on as a jpg, png, tiff whatever, without having to collapse the entire image layers and go through the usual Photoshop method.

Thank you!
support
Site Admin

Re: Noob issue - Collapsing all and saving as jpeg?

Post by support » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:32 pm

You don't need collapse layers before saving! Just select "File-Save as" and select JPG (but we recommended use PNG, because PNG quality is better) Also if you save as PSD - you can open it in Photoshop with all layers. Also you can open files saved by Photoshop in Paintstorm. PSD - is the Photoshop file format.
machineslave

Post by machineslave » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Ok thanks. Well that appears to be a bug then because I tried saving out my psd into various formats. I could press save and it looked like something had occurred but when I checked the folder nothing had saved and I tried this many times. I've also had a couple of file corruption issues in the last few hours so I'm having to save a lot of iterations of the image. Mind you this was on Windows Vista and the x86 ver of Paintstorm 1.40-010915

I'll try my second license on my 64bit machine later today and see how it goes.
Diasus

Post by Diasus » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:21 am

Two issues in regards to this question:

On MacOS version;

I'm unable to see any options for choosing file format under "Save As", so I'm only able to save files in PSD.

Also I'm unable to open PSD files modified in photoshop if they are not flat. If there are more than a single layer, a white blank canvas will show up.

Thanks!
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:27 pm

1)To correct opening PSD file created in photoshop must have more than 1 layer or 1st layer must be unlocked.
2)Strange issues, maybe some problems with languages or special symbols in folder name.
Mirror Image

Post by Mirror Image » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Diasus wrote:Two issues in regards to this question:

On MacOS version;

I'm unable to see any options for choosing file format under "Save As", so I'm only able to save files in PSD.

Thanks!
Hi,
Did you eventually sort this out or get a satisfactory answer from support? I queried this also, as I was unable to work out how to do it and there is a complete lack of documentation to turn to for help. The default file format is .psd; jpeg, bmp and png are the alternatives, as available to Windows users. To opt for one of these alternative formats at 'save as', just type filename.jpg, filename.png or filename.bmp - as appropriate - in the field available, select your file destination and click 'save'. It's not the most intuitive of operations but it works!
kterzieva

Post by kterzieva » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi, this is still an issue on the Mac version and writing manually the file format as described by Mirror Image doesn't work for me. It just saves it as psd so I have to go back into the file after it was saved and rename it. That also causes the files to be massive in size. Has this been logged as an official bug for the Mac version to be fixed?