Ipadpro 1.52 Palm rejection issue

Cekuhnen
Ipadpro 1.52 Palm rejection issue

Post by Cekuhnen » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:23 am

It seems to me palm rejection does not work very well in paint storm .

This makes 'sketching very difficult when the canvas moves a lot.

Can this be improved?
support
Site Admin

Re: Ipadpro 1.52 Palm rejection issue

Post by support » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:17 am

If you put large palm area - it's works fine, but if you touch a little "dot" area it's detected as a finger. It can be fixed only if we add ability to disable option of 2 fingers canvas moving.
Bozeman

Post by Bozeman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:33 am

How are other drawing programs able to do palm rejection so much better then? Procreate and Concepts are almost flawless with their palm rejection. I'm confused. :?:
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:50 pm

I don't know, I am didn't used procreate much time but canvas has moved under my palm from time to time - same as in Paintstorm... I think I need more tests, maybe I found how to improve palm rejection.
Lzr

Post by Lzr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:07 pm

Seem as resolved issue.
File menu->Enable stylus and this works. No finger signs on the canvas
Bozeman

Post by Bozeman » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:56 pm

Thanks for the reply! I actually MUCH prefer Paintstorm to anything else I've used on the ipad. It's Astonishing how powerful and nearly identical to the desktop version it is! Really the only thing holding it back for me at this point is the palm rejection issue. :)
Kuttyjoe

Post by Kuttyjoe » Sat May 21, 2016 1:50 pm

I was just saying this morning that it seems to me that every iPad app has trouble with touch, including ProCreate, Concept, and PaintStorm. At first I thought the problem was just ProCreate but I think the problem is iOS/iPad itself. Because none are doing a good job with avoiding accidental finger marks. And when I try to rotate with two fingers it either misses a lot, or causes finger marks. Android on the other hand is very good across many apps and also have a feature to disable finger to make marks. With this enabled you can pan with just one finger and you can still pinch to zoom and rotate but the finger can't make a mark. It's great. Also, it never misses. Pinch to zoom and rotating always works. iOS fails 3 or 4 out if 10 tries.
Vitali

Post by Vitali » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:09 pm

+1

Version 2.02

Перспективная программа, собраны все нужные инструменты и функции для профессиональной работы, однако на практике очень сложно рисовать из-за плохого распознавания ладони. Холст постоянно прыгает и работать невозможно. Procreate намного стабильнее в этом отношении. Хотелось бы однако похвалить автора, на данный момент Paintstorm самая полнофункциональная программа для iPad. Если бы можно было доработать распознавание ладони, можно было бы полностью на неё переходить.