The toolwindows is moving around...

mkemo
Re: The toolwindows is moving around...

Post by mkemo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:16 pm

I also get this with version: 1.55-220416

When focussing on another app then coming back I experience the lower most panel glitching out at the bottom of the panel. It goes up/down very fast.

I also hope this gets seen to as it's very distracting.
ErrkaPetti

Post by ErrkaPetti » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:08 am

The issue with moving toolwindows has come to an solution for me...

I rethink the way I want to position my windows...

Now I have split the toolwindows so the center of the screen is empty with UI-windows...
Now I have placed the toolwindows so it looks nice in both portrait & landscapemode...

Sure, it should be nice to have full freedom of placement, but, my "workaround" is OK with me...

One thing the developer should do is also to lock the cogwheel (preferences-icon) is every separate toolwindows...
Now there's only moving windows who's locked, not unwanted poping up preferences windows in every toolwindows...

But, let us focus on the painting feeling in Paintstorm Studio (on iPad Pro 12.9") - it's really really awesome!

I hope more people will discover this piece of jewelry!
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:32 am

We have found the reason - minimizing of the window is not instantaneous, and Paintstorm calculate panels position №-counts. The easiest way to fix it, make lock button work for all resizes and rotation of iPad but in this case panels can gone out of screen after rotation, and you will need unlock this button if you will going to rotate iPad and draw in vertical mode.
Kuttyjoe

Post by Kuttyjoe » Mon May 23, 2016 2:30 pm

The shortcuts are moving when the iPad is rotated. It seems that I have to find just the right location for the shortcuts. If I position them just they will stay there after screen rotation. Otherwise, they move around.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue May 31, 2016 8:48 pm

Use lock button(right-top corner of the window)
RicoH

Post by RicoH » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:16 am

I've just discovered the joy of custom workspace buttons, so layout locking is actually fine in this case!

ie:
Workspace 1: Landscape (locked)
Workspace 2: Portrait (locked)

So, switch to the appropriate workspace before rotating the iPad and this should be fine, not losing buttons offscreen.
Could this be hard-coded to detect orientation ?
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:26 am

Better way is to setup and save custom UI for horizontal and vertical orientation.