Paintstorm slower on Laptop

scuzzie
Paintstorm slower on Laptop

Post by scuzzie » Wed May 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi I updated my 2 sets of paintstorm licenses, one for my desktop and laptop. Now the laptop is much newer, running a Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor, a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980M 8GB GDDR5 Graphics vs the desktop's i7-3770 with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 660. Both have 8 gigs of ram and running on Win 10.

The desktop is pair with a Wacom Cintiq 21, while the laptop has a Wacom Intuos 4 (same generation as the cintiq).

The program on the laptop is significantly slower with brushes taking its time to keep up with the strokes. Are there any ways to tweak system settings to see if I can find an improvement?
support
Site Admin

Re: Paintstorm slower on Laptop

Post by support » Thu May 12, 2016 9:30 am

90% lags at so powerfull PC will be resolved after manually Geforce drivers installation
scuzzie

Post by scuzzie » Thu May 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi,

I do have the latest drivers.

I have been playing around with my settings and have found that issues arise when I am using the MS Hybrid system: an onboard GPU and a dedicated HP GPU. It requires an exact binding as to which card it is running in, and which settings it is keyed to. Also, when my laptop is plugged in, I am able to run high performance settings and push the CPU/GPU settings higher and with these combinations I seem to eliminated the lag.

It is a quite a number of hoops to get my laptop running as smoothly as the desktop. I am surprised at how sensitive the program is to the CPU/GPU performance. The program must be relying quite a bit on the environment it is in. My other programs are less, if not affected at all. Photoshop runs perfectly fine in either settings for my laptop, be it high perfomance mode or power savings mode. This may be something to look at in the future. :)

I do hope that my program continues to run smoothly (will still stress test). it is a wonderful product to use!

Thanks!
Dom
poy360

Post by poy360 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:45 am

I also have a laptop with a gtx 970. Can you explain how you can fix the lag?
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:45 am

Try to disable multicore in Menu-file-perfomance