iPad version 1.61 help

Joel Stewart
iPad version 1.61 help

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:04 am

Is anyone using v1.61 on their iPad pro 12.9" and how is it working?

I'm reluctant to update for fear of new bugs and crashes that have been mentioned on other forums.
V1.61 works fine on my desktop and all my brushes function perfectly (unlike when they all broke for over a month after one of the earlier updates).

I've just completed an entire picture book plus samples for several book jackets using Paintstorm almost exclusively (sometimes I do some changes in photoshop on my desktop, but it's just when I'm sorting through files after they're essentially finished). The crashing problem I'd had seemed to go away after recent iOS updates, but I was possibly using fewer layers as the artworks became more finalised.
Long_haired_artist

Re: iPad version 1.61 help

Post by Long_haired_artist » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Yes, v1.61 is running great on my ipad pro 12.9...
another update is coming soon (a few days) according to PSS Facebook.
I'm looking forward to trying the new warp function!
ega

Post by ega » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:23 am

Mine is working pretty well. I love this painting app.

iPad Pro 12.9 and Apple Pencil.
aboutle

Post by aboutle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:47 am

A quick update for those with fear. Paintstorm run perfectly on this current version (1.71)on my iPad Pro 12"9. Keep the good work on ! This is my main graphic production tool on iPad now.
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:50 am

I’ve updated to the latest version and did have a couple of non-serious crashes but I’m not at final art stage of any project at the moment so am not really pushing it. The one serious crash I had was with an experimental brush I made that used the dual brush function. I actually still have no good grasp of how this dual brush function works in Paintstorm but I made a copy of my favourite set of brushes in a new category and when I clicked this brush the app quit. Every. Single. Time. I decided this is because of a fault with the dual brush function and that the brush engine must be confused as to where the source brushes are stored after moving to a new category. I wasn’t fond of the brush anyway so I made copies of every brush in a new category, except that one so that I couldn’t accidentally click it again, and I backed everything up.

I haven’t deleted that old category with the crashing brush hiding in it yet. I’m worried that doing so could cause a similar problem but I will need to delete it in the future as there are crash problems in Paintstorm on iPad if you have over 300 brushes (the devs told me this).