Serious Dual Brush Crash

Joel Stewart
Serious Dual Brush Crash

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:53 am

I had a serious and repeating crash with an experimental brush I made that used the dual brush function on iPad Pro 12.9".

I actually still have no good grasp of how this dual brush function works in Paintstorm but I made a copy of my favourite set of brushes in a new category and when I clicked on this brush the app quit. Every. Single. Time. I decided this is because of a fault with the dual brush function and that the brush engine must be confused as to where the source brushes are stored after moving to a new category. I wasn’t fond of the brush anyway so I made copies of every brush in a new category, except that one so that I couldn’t accidentally click it again, and I backed everything up.

I haven’t deleted that old category with the crashing brush hiding in it yet. I’m worried that doing so could cause a similar problem but I will need to delete it in the future as there are crash problems in Paintstorm on iPad if you have over 300 brushes (the devs told me this).

Incidentally, the exported brush works fine on the Mac Desktop version, though I haven't tried copying it to a new category.