Layer and folder management...

Rinine
Layer and folder management...

Post by Rinine » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:04 pm

I don't know if i'm missing something but... my first contact with layers was very bad...

- You can't duplicate folders
Right Click -> Duplicate Layer doesn't work for folders.

- You can't copy-paste layers and/or folders. (essential to copy a layer from one document to another)
- To move a layer you need doble click on it... (doble click with a tablet is very uncomfortable)
- [BUG]You can't select multiple layers and drag to folder. (I see that in the 1.70 video, but I can't)
- [BUG]If you have some layers under an opened folder, if you move some of the lower layers to the first of the layers (but befor the openened folder) the layer puts inside the folder when shouldn't! (if the folder is closed works as expected)
- [BUG] Some times you can't move a layer into a subfolder (inside other folder) Some times works, others not
- You can't combine a group (folder)
- A folder can't be a clipping mask (but can have a normal mask, ok..)

I like PaintSotrm Studio but this bugs/uncompleted layer system prevents me from working with it. (I do an extensive use of clipping mask and folder structure)
If you have a folder, with tons of layers and subfolders, how are you supposed to merge the main folder into a layer?
Now only you can hide other folders, save as png and reopen as plain image with transparency to have a big folder merged to a layer. Thats sucks D:

But for you should be as simple to implement like "select all sublayers" on folder click for, at least, combine or work with free transform selecting a group (but the problem are subfolders in a folder, layers + folders in a selecction = fail)
Last edited by Rinine on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rinine

Re: Layer and folder management...

Post by Rinine » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:33 am

About the "select and move" layers bug:

You scroll the layer area, not moving layers.
And if you double click, you select only one layer.

EDIT: I readed in other post the "hold" requirement to move layers.
Why on earth you omitted intentionally a big standard in all art/design software?
This is clunky and uncomfortable.

If you want other people migrate from photoshop, clip studio, sai etc from your software, you should respect some basic standards, at least for core/basic functionality.
Last edited by Rinine on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rinine

Post by Rinine » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:47 am

Other bug. (Triying an alternative way to merge a folder)

You cant copy a selecction from a folder, even if the selecttion seems ok:

Gives you this message: (was out of recording area)

EDIT: Ok, you can't copy a selecction from multiple layers. With folders you get nothing, with multiples layers you only get the data from one of the layers.

And the program enters in an abnormal state: (layer 0 is a "ghost", unselectable)

(all from the same folder, being "ghost layer" more tabulated (?) )

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:55 pm

1)To move one or several layers - click and hold it 2 seconds until it flash, then start to drag.
2)Mass layer duplication still not available in Paintstorm
3)What about closing folder with selected layers and loose it's selection - same happens in all software and in Photoshop too.
Rinine

Post by Rinine » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:35 am

support wrote: 3)What about closing folder with selected layers and loose it's selection - same happens in all software and in Photoshop too.
I know, my english is terrible XD
But I did not mean that.

I'm looking to select a folder, make a selection, and save the selection in a layer.
Isn't working with folder nor layers. But ok if mass layer duplication isn't available.

But the folder was bug, with unselectable "fake" layers in strange positions and even crashing the program.

In Clip studio if you select a folder (even a closed folder), if you makes a selection and duplicate, you get a new folder with identical structure but only for the selected area.

(ctrl+c ctrl+v)

In your 1.7 video you are showing how a selection with multiple layers works (selecting all layers of boat folder).
Is natural to expect the same behaviour selecting the boat folder (but isn't working), and saving the selection as a copy mantaining the structure.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:10 am

OK, I've added your suggestions to the work list