Paintstorm Crash

sarahlouisero
Paintstorm Crash

Post by sarahlouisero » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:54 am

Really enjoying using Paintstorm, but the app freezes or crashes a lot, meaning I lose a lot of work. It happens randomly so not sure what is triggering it. Is this a common issue?
support
Site Admin

Re: Paintstorm Crash

Post by support » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 am

If you uses low iPad vesions like iPad air - paintstorm can crashes. For iPad pro - if you uses very big canvases like 5000px+ it also "dangerous" because iPad RAM still is not very large.
CaliforniaBlue

Post by CaliforniaBlue » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:57 pm

I have just bought Paintstorm for my iMac computer retina. I am having problems with frequent crashes. They seem to be partial crashes in that some of the interface still works but the all import brush stops working. Closing the program and opening again is quick enough and solves the problem but in the meantime work is lost. Is there anything I can do about it? A shame because I really like the software and want to get to know it better.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:39 am

Does Paintstorm ask for saving current work? Or it crashes immediately ?
CaliforniaBlue

Post by CaliforniaBlue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:31 pm

No it just crashes without a message. I have narrowed it down to using colour gradients. I realise now that the 'crashes' only happen when I try to alter the colour gradient in the brush menu. Maybe I am doing this wrong. I've just tried now and the same thing happends. It is when I want to change the gradient. I click on the gradient in the colour menu and a range of gradients appear in the brush form menu. I click on one of those and then I can no longer do anything except to move the cursor around the screen.So perhaps I have misunderstood how I am supposed to do this.
CaliforniaBlue

Post by CaliforniaBlue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:35 pm

One more really strange thing. My Mac doesn't seem to recognise this as a crash. I have to force Paintstorm to close by pressing alt command esc and paint storm comes up in the list but as normal. Usually a crashed programme has something like 'Paintstorm is not responding'.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:13 am

Do you use 1.72 version?
Try to change workspace at "menu-view" and repeat this gradient picking, if it will not help, try to delete folder "Documents/Paintstorm studio" manually and restart Paintstorm shortcut to get clean version
CaliforniaBlue

Post by CaliforniaBlue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks for your help. I changed the workspace as you suggested and that works fine now. I returned to my own custom workspace and the crash starts again so it must be something to do with my custom workspace I guess. I couldn't find a folder Documents/Paintstorm studio - do you mean the Applications/Paintstorm studio? Anyway my problem seems to be solved by using a different workspace so thanks for that.