Pressure Loss when leaving app

sullyman
Pressure Loss when leaving app

Post by sullyman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:48 am

Hello,

I have recently been suffering with an issue that I cannot seem to releave. I have the latest drivers installed for the Monoprice MP-22 tablet. I've ran the software with other programs and without others running with the same results each time. I have tried running with it pluggin in before and after starting the software, results are the same.

Problem:
When I leave the application after opening to maybe use a browser or another program, I lose all pressure sensitivity once I return to PSS and can't recover it. I used to be able to leave and return at times, causing me to regain pressure but that now does not work.

Let me know if there are any suggestions to resolve the issue.
Blendie

Re: Pressure Loss when leaving app

Post by Blendie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 am

It might depend on which other program you are alternating PSS with, as I had this happen once. If you've had to do certain things eg to get pressure sensitivity in other software programs to run, those changes may impact on PSS. I had to reinstall Ugee drivers and PSS when it happened to me, including removing the folder in Documents (make sure you've done UI and brush backup from within PSS, and previously backed up Documents/Paintstorm fully somewhere, too ... make sure you backup a clean version from before any issues, so maybe once every other day do a backup).

I've had one occasion where copying just the Brush folder back over solved a custom palette seize-up, but, for a new PSS install, I think only copying over the full Documents/Paintstorm folders backup will bring custom brushes etc back. (For a new PSS install, it didn't work to just copy the Brush folder over).

I think it was taking a look at Manga 5 (to see what people like about it) that stopped PSS working in my case, but, as I'm so happy with PSS, I just did the full clean reinstall and continued with PSS. Some may not be okay with having to make a choice, but I'm sure there'll be further updates and more stabilising where PSS will run fine along with any program eg if people are trying out PSS while moving over from another program, before fully moving over to PSS.
AMD, SparkyOS/Mate, XP-Pen Deco v2