No pressure sensitivity with Monoprice tablet

Onimaeus
No pressure sensitivity with Monoprice tablet

Post by Onimaeus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:33 pm

I have the "Monoprice 8X6 Inches Graphic Drawing Tablet Product # 5553" and the pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to be working on Paintstorm.
I have the latest drivers for this tablet. The pressure sensitivity works with the three other art programs I have. And I have toggled the pressure sensitivity check mark on the brush options, it doesn't work with size and opacity.
Basically Paintstorm treats my tablet like a mouse.
Thank you for any help.
support
Site Admin

Re: No pressure sensitivity with Monoprice tablet

Post by support » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:06 am

You can try to switch tablet modes at menu-file-tablet settings. Anyway, Paintstorm uses WinTab library and should work with any Windows supporting tablets. There is now special code for a special tablet. You can also try to disable gestures at the Windows control panel.
Onimaeus

Post by Onimaeus » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I have a few follow up questions. And some additional information.
What would I switch the tablet mode to? What is the special code for special tablet?
I disabled flicks under "Pen and Touch". I could not find gestures.
I also recorded the problem I'm having. And a new issue has popped up. When I start up Paintstorm Studio an error message appears "Error init tablet". This can be seen at the end of the video, roughly the five minute mark.
https://youtu.be/8g6RrM0Ypus
Thank you again for your time and information.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:41 pm

At this your video pen pressure is not works :( the fast strokes - it's a stabilizer effect, you can do same with a mouse.
But why it does not work?... I don't know. I can suggest to turn off all windows gestures and tablet settings. Something like this: http://viziblr.com/news/2011/8/14/the-u ... windo.html
Onimaeus

Post by Onimaeus » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:48 am

Unfortunately turning off gestures and flicks and other Windows stuff didn't help.
The good news is that completely uninstalling Paintstorm Studio and my tablet from my computer then reinstalling them both, (Painstorm install first, second install the tablet drivers, finally plugging in the tablet) did. It was a complete uninstall, I had to remove all of the drivers and folders and keys from the registry. It was as if Painstorm was being installed for the first time.
This seems to have completely resolved the issue.
Thank you so much for your time and suggestions. :)