Pointer Glitch

Jackson337
Pointer Glitch

Post by Jackson337 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:38 am

Ive been using paintstorm for weeks now with no issues until tonight.
So some reason its only using the top right quarter of my tablets drawing space (tablet settings say its using the whole tablet drawing space to the monitor size). So after i restarted my computer, started paint storm, it now makes the pointer jump around to random parts of the screen. The strange thing is that i have loaded other drawing programs and the fault is not there. Im using an old Wacom bamboo tablet but it works very well. Drivers are upto date. Nothing has changed program or setting wise. Seems the only program that my tablet now has issues with is paintstorm. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
support
Site Admin

Re: Pointer Glitch

Post by support » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:45 pm

If Paintstorm works before and start to works incorrect, easiest way to delete folder "Documents/Paintstorm Studio" - but this operation clear all settings and custom brushes.
Also you can try to switch tablet modes at menu-file-tablet settings.
Jackson337

Post by Jackson337 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Ok and thank you for the quick reply.
Is there a file I can save before deleting the folder so I can keep my layout, then transfer it back in later?
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 am

I keep the Paintstorm folder, in Documents, backed up elsewhere, so, if there's an occasional glitch, you can just delete the corrupted one and copy over the backup; works perfectly then. Just remember to back up the folder any time you make any changes eg to custom panel etc, then you've always got an up to date backup.
AMD, SparkyOS/Mate, XP-Pen Deco v2
Jackson337

Post by Jackson337 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:04 am

support wrote:If Paintstorm works before and start to works incorrect, easiest way to delete folder "Documents/Paintstorm Studio" - but this operation clear all settings and custom brushes.
Also you can try to switch tablet modes at menu-file-tablet settings.
This actually worked for afew days. Now its back to the original problem again. I have even reinstalled the program and deleted the folder in documents for a fresh start, the problem still persists. I have tryed using different tablet modes but unfortunately this does not help.
This is a real shame as i am a fan of this program, but this fault is now holding up my jobs.

Any further information that could help fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Im looking forward to getting paintstorm working again.