losing pressure sensitivity

Blendie
losing pressure sensitivity

Post by Blendie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:51 am

Hi :)

Am still exploring v2, and it's really great, but a constant problem with losing pressure sensitivity. Sadly I've needed to go temporarily to another programme for now, as it's happening so often, and I've tried everything possible. Only total removal of pss and the ugee driver, then reinstalling, works, but I can't do that every time I use the program during the day. It will work for a while, but then the pressure sensitivity goes. I try copying over a saved clean version into Documents, but it doesn't rescue things as it used to. The Wintab Ugee driver shows pressure is working fine outside Paintstorm. I've tried all the tablet modes and it just isn't responding. All I'd done extra so far was import a few brushes and arrange the custom palette. I'm using an Ugee 2150 with Windows 8.1, i7 lenovo pc with 16 gig of ram and AMD Radeon R9 255. Wintab Ugee driver shows pressure is fine.
AMD, SparkyOS/Mate, XP-Pen Deco v2
ArmorWraith

Re: losing pressure sensitivity

Post by ArmorWraith » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:15 pm

I noticed the same issue with my Wacom Intuos 5. I was able to get it more stable after checking the use windows ink box. I have no idea if Ugee has a similar option.

All the best,

Armor
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:29 am

Hiya Armor :)

Thanks for your suggestion and glad to hear you've managed to get your Wacom more stable. I've tried switching off digital ink support just now, and unfortunately things are the same. I can see that pressure is still working outside pss. Removed v2 and the ugee driver, made sure system clean, reinstalled v1.72 and ugee, and unusually the pressure still isn't there, but works in other art programs. Unfortunately it seems that something is broken more structurally than I thought regarding pss/ugee/windows 8.1 and the only way to use the previous pss is a pc format, eek.
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Just an update ... couldn't get 1.72 to run with pressure sensitivity, even after a format, which was odd, whether installed cleanly 'as is' or with my folder backup imported into Documents. Had done the same format, same installs etc. Sometimes have issues trying to install the vcredist pss needs, but it's never not worked in the end. Just on the verge of resigning to not being able to use it, only trying the compatability troubleshooter fixed things. Windows set pss to Windows 8 compatability. Yay :D
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:55 am

Never been changing at the tablet system in Paintstorm at the last year. It's some drivers issue I have the same problem once in SAI - all other soft works well, but SAI does'not detect pen pressure. I can't remember how it finally fixed. I don't use SAI regularly, just run it for a test, but right now it works fine for me.
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:48 am

support wrote:Never been changing at the tablet system in Paintstorm at the last year. It's some drivers issue I have the same problem once in SAI - all other soft works well, but SAI does'not detect pen pressure. I can't remember how it finally fixed. I don't use SAI regularly, just run it for a test, but right now it works fine for me.
I agree, and am wondering if Windows updates are messing things up; that said, the compatability fix worked, so I shouldn't grumble at Windows too much, lol. Maybe it would have done the same for v2. I've got v1.72 set up for now, but can definitely suggest the compatability option as a fix to try for any issues generally, and will report back if I find v2 works with the compatability fix. Yes, had seen about issues with SAI; glad it runs for you.
CarlosPintor5000

Post by CarlosPintor5000 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:48 am

pressure is not working on PaintStorm 2 with Microsoft surface studio. windows10 creators update
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:08 am

CarlosPintor5000 wrote:pressure is not working on PaintStorm 2 with Microsoft surface studio. windows10 creators update
Try to update surface pro drivers.
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi, I tried v2 again. Tablet driver outside of PSS was working fine, but there was no pressure sensitivity in v2. Running the compatability troubleshooter fixed things again though [it chose compatability with Windows 8], but an issue is that it needs to be re-run often. Otherwise, everything is running brilliantly; awesome update. :)