Color Swatches Not Working

Genisay
Color Swatches Not Working

Post by Genisay » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:23 pm

I recently updated to version 2.0
I was working on a project that used the Light Gradient color swatch set up. My selected colors are still there, but I can not pick colors from any of the swatch boxes. They either entirely ignore my clicking, or when it does select something, it picks the wrong color. Like trying to choose orange and getting teal instead. Or picking a yellow and getting dark red.
I closed the swatch window to see if it would fix the problem at all, then reopened it. Now I also can not move it to anywhere else on my screen with out it jumping back to where it went when I reopened it.
support
Site Admin

Re: Color Swatches Not Working

Post by support » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 am

Try to toggle Workspaces (menu-view-workspace #) is it happens at all UI ?
JunkyardSam

Post by JunkyardSam » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:43 am

Hi, I'm not the original poster but I'm having the same/similar problem with version 2.00-040417

I was trying out the Quad, Light, and Multiblend gradients over and over again and eventually the Light Gradient and Multiblend stopped allowing me to color sample.

I can still drop new colors into the corners, to see new gradients... but I can no longer click into them to select colors. "Quad" and "Custom" still work correctly.

I tried restarting Paintstorm Pro. I tried rebooting. I tried disabling OpenGL. I tried Other > Resert to Default > Reset All. Nothing has corrected the issue.

This is on a machine that also have version 1.72-051216 on it. The problem may have happened after I accidentally opened both versions on the same machine at the same time. I'm not sure if that triggered it.

I wonder if the cause is related to a corrupt settings somewhere? Perhaps related to the two versions - maybe the preferences are saved to the same place and has become corrupt?

Thanks for your help!
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:38 am

...This is version 2.0 iPad bug... will be fixed in the coming soon release.
JunkyardSam

Post by JunkyardSam » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Thanks for the update! This was on PC though, not Ipad.

I was finally able to correct it by holding down SHIFT while launching the app. Does that actually do anything or was it just random that it fixed the problem? It was something I tried randomly in desperation and it "just worked."

Either way, it's working now. Whew!