Pen/Mouse Middle Click as Hotkey

Baton
Pen/Mouse Middle Click as Hotkey

Post by Baton » Fri May 12, 2017 11:18 pm

Hello,
Let's start with one thing, you've made great piece of software! Can't wait to see more in near future.

Now to actual issue :).
I wanted to assign pen middle click action to "Fast pick color" hotkey, but it looks like middle click is not accepted as input (either from pen or regular mouse).
For now I just created custom action in Wacom settings as workaround, but middle click would be more intuitive :).

Hope it helps.
support
Site Admin

Re: Pen/Mouse Middle Click as Hotkey

Post by support » Sat May 13, 2017 9:43 am

You can just bind some key to the middle click at Wacom settings utility. And bind the same key to any function in Paintstorm. (for color pick it ALT key by default, so you can bind ALT to the middle button))
Baton

Post by Baton » Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Yes, this is what I did, but then I can't scroll web pages in Chrome without switching to mouse back and forth or using other available methods of scrolling (lazy me :D).
Small thing, but nothing that would stop me from using Paintstorm.

One thing, I own Wacom One (it's probably latest one from Bamboo family), and settings utility for this tablet can't handle application specific settings (like the one from Intuos series). That's why it was bugging me a little bit.
Again, nothing serious, but it would be nice addition.

Thank you for your patience.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Wed May 17, 2017 9:26 am

But you can set up all settings for the special application, for example for photoshop - one hotkeys, for Paintstorm - other. http://101.wacom.com/UserHelp/en/AppSpe ... ttings.htm
Baton

Post by Baton » Wed May 17, 2017 4:42 pm

That is true for Intuos family.

Please see page 15 of this manual. This panel is painfully limited and settings are globally applied across whole system.
http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/m ... Manual.pdf

The first [Tablet] tab has only orientation option - as on page 26.

Please note that it is just low-end tablet (maybe I should reconsider an upgrade . :) ) New ones that are manufactured now are coming with full configuration panel that you mentioned. So maybe there no need to waste time on it.