Perspective guides and Rulers issues

Artaphia
Perspective guides and Rulers issues

Post by Artaphia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 am

I just bought paintstorm after trying 6 different demos for painting softwares. Lovely brush engine, easy to use and great interface. It just feels right.

issues:
The rulers and perspective guides are global- if you have several documents open, and you move a ruler or vanishing point in one of them, it will be the same for all documents.

If you open a new document with a different resolution than the previous one, the guides will move to the center on the new document, which may move it off canvas, or change its size dramatically relative to the original document.

suggestions:
It would be nice if perspective guides and rulers were document-specific so you don't accidentally mess them up.

It would also be nice if there was some way to save a particular perspective/ruler set-up.

unrelated thing that's probably already been mentioned:
the click-and-drag layer management is extremely difficult to use. I realise you have to double-click, but this only succeeds about 20% of the time. It also goes into "edit layer name" quite often. Remove the double click and have it like every other image editing program.
support
Site Admin

Re: Perspective guides and Rulers issues

Post by support » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Artaphia wrote:the click-and-drag layer management is extremely difficult to use.
Double click is for rename. To drag layers - hold pen/mouse click until layer flash and drag it.
Artaphia wrote:The rulers and perspective guides are global- if you have several documents open, and you move a ruler or vanishing point in one of them, it will be the same for all documents.
Yes, this issue is in the queue, We were going to fix it in the nearest release, but maybe it will be rescheduled to little later release because we have some unforeseeable difficulties.
willernest

Re: Perspective guides and Rulers issues

Post by willernest » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:05 pm

I realize that something will change here but, at least for me, on Windows, while you can engage both the mirror and the ruler guides together, you can't (with only one document open), engage the perspective guide (the second one) and the ruler together. You can however end up with both if you have more than one document open and have it on and have the ruler on in another document - it seems that the ruler setting overrides. Don't know which way it's supposed to be.