New layers corrupting psd files

CGpancake
New layers corrupting psd files

Post by CGpancake » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 am

Hello,

While opening psd files in photoshop CS3 after doing some work in paintstorm I have been receiving error message saying:

"Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of0file was encountered"

Removing layers created in paintstorm solves the problem.

Is there a way to fix this issue, because I'd like to have paintstorm included in my workflow pipeline?

I need to submit tiff files at my workplace and I only get to work with CS3 unfortunately...
support
Site Admin

Re: New layers corrupting psd files

Post by support » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 am

Does it happen for all files or for some special file?
CGpancake

Post by CGpancake » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:37 am

The issue occurs every time when I work on generic psd file created with CS3 and then also save it as psd in paintstorm with newly added layers.

I can either plan ahead and create every needed layer upfront in photoshop before moving on to PSS or save each new layer created in PSS as jpg, png or bmp and import it separately to photoshop each time.

It is quite tedious process, but that's the only work arround I found recently. I never had this issue while working on more recent Photoshop versions...

Is there any chance that we could expect to be able to export tiff files with separate layers straight from PSS? I wouldn't even need to get back to Photoshop that way.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Hm.. strange... a better way for you is try to resave PSD by any other soft... gimp or krita for example - it's a free soft.