IPAD PRO - Apple Pencil

cloud-yo
IPAD PRO - Apple Pencil

Post by cloud-yo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello,

I dont know what happened but the app has stopped working properly. 3 out of 5 times it will not recognize a stroke even tho I have cleared my memory completely and the app shows no issues with it.
It eventually recognizes a stroke after several tries and then stops again. Every other app works perfectly fine.
please advise.
Sawdust

Re: IPAD PRO - Apple Pencil

Post by Sawdust » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:41 am

I have this problem as well. Just wanted to add to the Apple Pencil issues, mine also loses pressure sensitivity. both problems need an app reboot to fix. The pressure problem happens after fiddling with the brush options (best guess).

Notes:
I've only used the trial app, wanted to see if this bug was on the radar for fixing before I buy.
Also using iPad Pro 12.9 2017 edition

Thanks
cloud-yo

Post by cloud-yo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:45 pm

Hey Sawdust, My issue is not just lack of penc pressure but lack of recognition of the strokes. I tap on the screen with the pencil and noting happens, I try again..nothing happens. I check to make sure Im in brush mode color selected etc. tap again nothing..tap 3 more times, it may pick up 2 strokes. then it stops again. Its really odd. I closed the app, restarted my ipad. Still same issue. Finally I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it started to work consistently (but I lost all my custom brushes which I stupidly didnt backup) I dont know what went wrong, and if it comes up again I will update this thread.
As a side note, all glitches aside, I highly recommend this app. It is far above procreate in its vast amounts of features. It does eat up a lot more memory, but its to be expected. I work on the 9.7 so Im sure if you have the 12.9 (gen 1 or 2) youll be far better off. Im confident that bugs will steadily be ironed out, and while they may be a bit annoying at the moment they are not deal breakers.
try uninstalling and reinstalling the trial version and see if that fixes it for you.
Sawdust

Post by Sawdust » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:28 pm

You are right, it is an amazing app. I did go ahead and purchased it and both bugs, at least for me, have vanished. The trail version may just not be updated as frequently. There are still a few bugs here and there, but your right, most are not deal breakers and can be met with patience.
Cheers
Long_haired_artist

Post by Long_haired_artist » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:36 pm

cloud-yo wrote:Hey Sawdust, My issue is not just lack of penc pressure but lack of recognition of the strokes. I tap on the screen with the pencil and noting happens, I try again..nothing happens. I check to make sure Im in brush mode color selected etc. tap again nothing..tap 3 more times, it may pick up 2 strokes. then it stops again. Its really odd. I closed the app, restarted my ipad. Still same issue. Finally I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it started to work consistently (but I lost all my custom brushes which I stupidly didnt backup) I dont know what went wrong, and if it comes up again I will update this thread.
As a side note, all glitches aside, I highly recommend this app. It is far above procreate in its vast amounts of features. It does eat up a lot more memory, but its to be expected. I work on the 9.7 so Im sure if you have the 12.9 (gen 1 or 2) youll be far better off. Im confident that bugs will steadily be ironed out, and while they may be a bit annoying at the moment they are not deal breakers.
try uninstalling and reinstalling the trial version and see if that fixes it for you.
I had some broken brushes after the upgrade to 2.0. It was more like hard mode was stuck on with some wacky brush feature. I had to weed out the 2 custom brushes affected- they were maybe simply corrupted. FYI rumor has it make sure to maintain erasers as second caregory of brushes.

A list of checks to rule out possibilities, ok?
1. check that opacity, transparency, other features aren't accidentally using another feature such as random etc.
2. check that stabilizer isn't accidentally maxed. My most common accidental change is B value in color tab.
3. check opacity or color blending mode of stroke or layer.

testing with a variety of default brushes can eliminate the above.

4. check that ruler/guides is not affecting stroke
5. check that a tiny single point is not selected by the selection tool
6. Check that the brush tool icon is currently selected
7. check for other bluetooth devices interfering.
8. Check that the tip of your pencil isn't loose- one full rotation makes it stop registering altogether.
9. check the layer lock is off
JakeTse

Post by JakeTse » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:09 am

Strangely enough. I also had such problem with the Apple Pencil on my iPad Pro 9.7 inch. However, when I test it on other iPad models like the iPad Pro 12.9 inch and 10.5 inch, everything seemed to be working properly. Is this a compatibility issue with the iPad Pro 9.7 inch?