Navigator 'square' off center

cestarian
Navigator 'square' off center

Post by cestarian » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:40 am

Right, I'm on WIndows 7 right now and my Navigator is off center, and not a little, but a lot.

I believe the cause is that my tablet monitor is 1920x1080 and I use it as an extended monitor, but my main display is a 3840x2160 monitor. and this mismatch somehow throws it out of balance, that's just speculation, anyhow something is causing my navigator's square to be off center horizontally by quite a lot, my navigator's square is essentially very far to the left of where I am actually looking, but vertically it is correctly placed.

When I tell it to fit to screen, the right side of the square will line up fairly closely with the right edge of the canvas (but a little bit to the left of it), while the image is in fact centered on my screen.

This is some strange behavior.
support
Site Admin

Re: Navigator 'square' off center

Post by support » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:00 am

Can you please attach the screenshot?
cestarian

Re: Navigator 'square' off center

Post by cestarian » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:44 am

Sorry for the late update, here you go.

When I remembered to take the screenshot, the issue wasn't as bad as it had been before however if you look closely you will see that the navigator square says that the edge of the canvas is on the "center" of the screen, but it's actually on the edge of the screen. Also if you look at the lower right corner, that also does not line up. According to the navigator only the upper left corner of the cube thingy I drew should be displayed but most of the cube and it's contents are displayed.

Furthermore I have also noticed that this issue might not have anything to do with multiple displays, I have experienced the problem also when I am using only one display and an intuos. I noticed that there's an association between the config files in my documents and this issue (e.g. I tried making a fresh install of the program and the issue wasn't there; then I copied the configuration files from my old setup and now the issue was there again)