Need to register often

snapper
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 am

Need to register often

Postby snapper » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 am

Not sure if this is normal but I need to fill in my mail address at the start of PSS often. I guess about every 5 times starting the program, so sometimes I need to to register at start every few days.

Using Ubuntu 16.04. BTW thanks for bringing PSS to Linux, it works so smooth!!
User avatar
support
Site Admin
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Re: Need to register often

Postby support » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:13 am

Try to disable internet access to Paintstorm after the registration complete. (firewall or other defence software)
HeroicNate
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:42 am

Re: Need to register often

Postby HeroicNate » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:55 am

I also have that issue. Guess I will try disabling it's internet access.
User avatar
Ico-dY
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Need to register often

Postby Ico-dY » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:46 pm

snapper wrote:Not sure if this is normal but I need to fill in my mail address at the start of PSS often. I guess about every 5 times starting the program, so sometimes I need to to register at start every few days.

Using Ubuntu 16.04. BTW thanks for bringing PSS to Linux, it works so smooth!!


After registration install firejail and make a shortcut with "firejail --noprofile --net=none /usr/share/paintstorm/Paintstorm" as executable. It works for me. ;)
- My Art Gallery: http://www.turnangel.com
snapper
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 am

Re: Need to register often

Postby snapper » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Ico-dY wrote:
snapper wrote:Not sure if this is normal but I need to fill in my mail address at the start of PSS often. I guess about every 5 times starting the program, so sometimes I need to to register at start every few days.

Using Ubuntu 16.04. BTW thanks for bringing PSS to Linux, it works so smooth!!


After registration install firejail and make a shortcut with "firejail --noprofile --net=none /usr/share/paintstorm/Paintstorm" as executable. It works for me. ;)


Thanks for the tip, I'll try this.

The "disable internet access..." trick didn't work. Maybe it means to always disable internet access when using PSS, would be a funny thing to do.
I made a desktop file now with firejail command. I suppose this command blocks PSS internet access?
User avatar
Ico-dY
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Need to register often

Postby Ico-dY » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:21 pm

snapper wrote:
Ico-dY wrote:
snapper wrote:
The "disable internet access..." trick didn't work. Maybe it means to always disable internet access when using PSS, would be a funny thing to do.
I made a desktop file now with firejail command. I suppose this command blocks PSS internet access?


Yes, firejail always blocks the PSS connections. Click on other->help in PSS to test firejail. The browser shouldn't work because the child process is blocked as well.
- My Art Gallery: http://www.turnangel.com
HeroicNate
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:42 am

Re: Need to register often

Postby HeroicNate » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Funny this got posted today I just discovered firejail. I'm going to give that a shot.
HeroicNate
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:42 am

Re: Need to register often

Postby HeroicNate » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:57 am

Ico-dY wrote:After registration install firejail and make a shortcut with "firejail --noprofile --net=none /usr/share/paintstorm/Paintstorm" as executable. It works for me. ;)


I tried this but get error:
** (Paintstorm:2): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus: Connection refused


Then it fails to load...
HeroicNate
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:42 am

Re: Need to register often

Postby HeroicNate » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:09 am

Ico-dY wrote:
snapper wrote:Not sure if this is normal but I need to fill in my mail address at the start of PSS often. I guess about every 5 times starting the program, so sometimes I need to to register at start every few days.

Using Ubuntu 16.04. BTW thanks for bringing PSS to Linux, it works so smooth!!


After registration install firejail and make a shortcut with "firejail --noprofile --net=none /usr/share/paintstorm/Paintstorm" as executable. It works for me. ;)



Actually, not matter what I try the parent shuts down right away. Even if I allow network. firejail --noprofile /usr/share/paintstorm/Paintstorm
User avatar
Ico-dY
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Need to register often

Postby Ico-dY » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 pm

HeroicNate wrote:Actually, not matter what I try the parent shuts down right away. Even if I allow network. firejail --noprofile /usr/share/paintstorm/Paintstorm


It's a common apparmor bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1373070
Please, use "--protocol=unix” instead of “--net=none”. The effect will be the same disabling ipv4 and ipv6.

So the command should be:
"firejail --noprofile --protocol=unix /usr/share/paintstorm/Paintstorm"
- My Art Gallery: http://www.turnangel.com

Return to “Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest