[Wacom] When using pen sidebuttons for keystroke, a click is automatically registered

ShiroAisu
[Wacom] When using pen sidebuttons for keystroke, a click is automatically registered

Post by ShiroAisu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Let me clarify:

Since I can't use the middle click, for some reason, I have one of my pen's buttons mapped to V so I can scroll around the page; problem is, the intended behavior would be to only move the page when the pen is down on the pad, but instead what happens is, as soon as I click the side button, the canvas gets "locked" to the pen, and I can just move it with my pen hovering. This might sound like a small issue, but it really throws me off, and makes navigating just that bit more annoying. Furthermore, when I actually put the pen to the tablet, and raise it again, I get the intended behavior, and now the canvas only moves when my pen is down; as soon as I let go of the button and press it again, the issue comes back, however.

Is there an option I'm missing? Also, why am I not able to bind middle click?

I should also add that when setting the side buttons to right-click, for instance, it behaves properly, and it actually only right clicks once I have my pen down.

I hope I have articulated myself properly.
support
Site Admin

Re: [Wacom] When using pen sidebuttons for keystroke, a click is automatically registered

Post by support » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 am

Yes, you can't bind middle button in Paintstorm, but I think you can use some of the third party utilities to remap any keys and buttons to other keyboard keys.

What about a canvas moving - the same happens in Photoshop and other soft too as I know. the "hand tool" works with the left-click only