[IPADå] Saved document won't open due to layer amount

MikeWest
[IPADå] Saved document won't open due to layer amount

Post by MikeWest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:07 am

A file I've been working on won't open, with the error message "Warning, too many layers". I know the app complains when you try to add more than 10 layers on a large file, but I didn't know it would let you save a document that seems fine, then fail to open it the next time! I've been working on this file for a long time!
support
Site Admin

Re: [IPADå] Saved document won't open due to layer amount

Post by support » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:51 am

Hm... seems like a trap... what you can do is to copy this file on PC, open it with some other soft or Paintstorm PC version (you can do it with Paintstorm PC trial version) - resize or decrease layer account, save and get back to iPad.

What is your file canvas size?
MikeWest

Post by MikeWest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:54 pm

support wrote:Hm... seems like a trap... what you can do is to copy this file on PC, open it with some other soft or Paintstorm PC version (you can do it with Paintstorm PC trial version) - resize or decrease layer account, save and get back to iPad.

What is your file canvas size?
That's an excellent suggestion, thanks! It's over 5000px so I only have myself to blame...
rokka

Post by rokka » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:35 pm

This problem is still there. But I dont know how I can move the file what is saved in Itunes? Because I cant open it anymore in paintstorm, so I cant save it to dropbox etc.. I can just see the file in paintstorm open menu. :(
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 pm

rokka wrote:This problem is still there. But I dont know how I can move the file what is saved in Itunes? Because I cant open it anymore in paintstorm, so I cant save it to dropbox etc.. I can just see the file in paintstorm open menu. :(
Maybe the only way for you no is open it on PC and reduce canvas size or layer count
dayo

Post by dayo » Sat May 19, 2018 6:53 am

rokka wrote:This problem is still there. But I dont know how I can move the file what is saved in Itunes? Because I cant open it anymore in paintstorm, so I cant save it to dropbox etc.. I can just see the file in paintstorm open menu. :(
did you figure it out yet?