Studio under ios11 STILL losing my stuff ALL the time.

moriturimax
Re: Studio under ios11 STILL losing my stuff ALL the time.

Post by moriturimax » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:08 pm

support wrote:hm... if you force closing Paintstorm, hot it should save the document? We'll think about it...
What about autosaves, we'll plan to change it a little, like every file will be saved as myfilenam1,myfilename2... myotherfile1... another picture1... but in this case, your disk space will be overload very soon and maybe we'll add an option to control maximum autosave space before files will be rewritten.
The same way every normal app saves documents. It's built into the API for saving. When I close Affinity Photo, or Procreate, or Notes Plus, or any iPad app other than Paintstorm, the APIs in IOS decide how to put everything on hold and then reopen exactly as you left it. In some cases you reopen Affinity or Procreate you're in a gallery which displays all your images EXACTLY as they were when you left the app.

Perhaps you need to learn those APIs and do exactly what the iPad is designed to allow apps to do, take care of not losing your documents when you leave the app.
moriturimax

Post by moriturimax » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Let me perhaps sum up my confusion, regarding saving your files in paintstorm studio.

"Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? Apple has already written all the code to save your paintstorm workspace."

Cheers!
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 am

well... now we made next: Paintstorm saving all opening files if it close and open it automatically on the next launch. The only on restriction - Apple givers about 5 seconds to it, before killing the app, if you have giant file or very much opening files it could be lost (but right now all the lost)... in test it works fine, wait for it in the next release :)
vezinho

Post by vezinho » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:40 am

support wrote:well... now we made next: Paintstorm saving all opening files if it close and open it automatically on the next launch. The only on restriction - Apple givers about 5 seconds to it, before killing the app, if you have giant file or very much opening files it could be lost (but right now all the lost)... in test it works fine, wait for it in the next release :)
Sounds great ! Thanks !
And what about be able to easily rename all the "savable" files like brushe, screens...etc...
Anyway this is GREAT news !!
moriturimax

Post by moriturimax » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Thanks, every little bit helps...

Cheers!
moriturimax

Post by moriturimax » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I HATE the Paintstorm start screen.

Question: why do you feel the need to restart Paintstorm every time I enter the app?
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 am

moriturimax wrote:I HATE the Paintstorm start screen.

Question: why do you feel the need to restart Paintstorm every time I enter the app?
It's restarted only if it has been closed.
moriturimax

Post by moriturimax » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Let me put it this way, I always exit the app like any other app. I never close it. And yet, when I restart it, from minutes to hours later, I get the full startup screen.

And of course there is only one image partially autosaved at some point before I left the app.

So are you saying it is never supposed to restart if I do not File > Exit?
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 am

and what about the last update?
moriturimax

Post by moriturimax » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:46 pm

I posted a Hallelujah reply with many thanks and one new bug, minor but strange.

Thanks for addressing our issues.. for me you are the number one app with a matching support team.

Cheers!