Registration Popup on start

sircrone
Registration Popup on start

Post by sircrone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 pm

I have been experiencing an onslaught of this issue for over a month now.

Everything will be fine for a few days.

I would be painting like normal. Then after having the program closed for a few hours and try to re-launch I will get the dreaded "please register box".

I was told that this issue was only with an old registration script on an older release and the issue should subside now after the update.

This is not the case.

I have had to deactivate and re-register numerous times. leaving me with no access to PSS for a few days til support can get back to me.

Why is this still happening?

I have blocked outbound internet access to PSS and this hasnt remedied the problem.. :twisted: .

what gives?
support
Site Admin

Re: Registration Popup on start

Post by support » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 am

Try to think, what nonstandard third-party soft do you have on your system. Something like emulators, HDD utilities, HDD partition and etc. ?
Hardware id generating from motherboard and HDD serial numbers.
sircrone

Post by sircrone » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:20 pm

How would that impact the applications registration?

No other program had ever asked me to reregister on every other start?

I have one emulator for playing nes.

Other than that basic software like ccleaner.

I did a complete removal and registry clean then reinstalled.

It worked the first time but pen pressire wasnt present toil i did two app quit snd relaunches, then it picked up the pen pressure. lets see what happens.

I dont have any partitions or hdd configurations.
sircrone

Post by sircrone » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm

support wrote:Try to think, what nonstandard third-party soft do you have on your system. Something like emulators, HDD utilities, HDD partition and etc. ?
Hardware id generating from motherboard and HDD serial numbers.
I have noticed that, when I restart my entire system after trying to paint storm storm and getting the registration box, it will work after the restart.

Why is restarting the system over again cause the registry to work?

I still have the PSS blocked on outbound access with firewall yet it still does it.

what this is telling me is that the registration issue is local / Software system based and having access to the license info on your servers has nothing to do with it?

I have been uninstalling software that i think might be causing an issue "driver boosters" registry cleaners, etc but nothing is changing
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 am

How it works: Paintstorm generating hardware id from serial numbers of motherboard and HDD, Paintstorm connecting to the server and save this HID to a database, and it check HID from database HID at the next launches, if it's different - the PC has been changed.
sircrone

Post by sircrone » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:59 pm

support wrote:How it works: Paintstorm generating hardware id from serial numbers of motherboard and HDD, Paintstorm connecting to the server and save this HID to a database, and it check HID from database HID at the next launches, if it's different - the PC has been changed.
I'm using the same computer every time.

It was good for a few days. Now today it is persistent again.

I have restarted 4 times.

This cant be anything local now.

I have removed all possible conflicting programs.

Where can I look to see if HID is being changed? or where can i look to see what the HID is each start?

There is no outbound internet access so there is no way the software is connecting to your servers to match the HID. So is there something in the registration scripting of the software that is not looking in the right place?

I have windows 7. is there anywhere i can find any kind of registration log?
sircrone

Post by sircrone » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 pm

support wrote:How it works: Paintstorm generating hardware id from serial numbers of motherboard and HDD, Paintstorm connecting to the server and save this HID to a database, and it check HID from database HID at the next launches, if it's different - the PC has been changed.
is there a windows service that needs to be running that may hinder the registration?

I have disabled some services in the past, that maybe PSS relies on?
sircrone

Post by sircrone » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 pm

UPDATE:

Yesterday I had to deactivate and reactivate license.

Now today for the first start up, I get the registration pop up again....
rebb

Post by rebb » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:00 pm

I have the same issue.
Not sure what causes it.

So far i was only able to fix it by deactivating my license on the webpage and reactivating it again.
Apparently this is only possible once a week now ( or always has been ? ).
Guess i am locked out of the program for a week :(.
sircrone

Post by sircrone » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:03 am

rebb wrote:I have the same issue.
Not sure what causes it.

So far i was only able to fix it by deactivating my license on the webpage and reactivating it again.
Apparently this is only possible once a week now ( or always has been ? ).
Guess i am locked out of the program for a week :(.
Yea i am guessing support has no idea either.

This has been ongoing for about a month and they keep telling me its my system, or implying I am trying to use the license on different systems, which I am not.

Its been 4 days since I've heard from them so i'm not sure about their knowledge on the issue. They keep mentioning about my HID and system serials, but it doesn't make sense how if I register and block internet access the software is seeing a change in HID since it cannot access PSS servers. I think its a program scripting issue that hasn't been resolved.