Eraser Tool suddenly does not select previous eraser tool. Known issue?

Jessicruel
Eraser Tool suddenly does not select previous eraser tool. Known issue?

Post by Jessicruel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:26 am

Yesterday its been working fine. I had E assigned to the eraser tool (NOT toggle) and Q assigned to brush. It worked great all day yesterday.

Today for some reason E does not call the previous eraser I have been using. It now toggles whatver brush Im currently using into Eraser Mode. It does not switch back to the last selected Eraser tool anymore. After this happens, pressing Q does not toggle it off. Its stuck on eraser mode until I click it off or select a different brush. Ive tried Re-Keybinding it and it still does not work. I assigned R to eraser toggle and that works fine. Just not Eraser Tool.

Is this a known issue? Ive tried selecting different erasers to try to "reset" it but now eraser tool toggles up a paint brush in eraser mode. I have no idea why but Im glad I didnt impulse buy it earlier.
support
Site Admin

Re: Eraser Tool suddenly does not select previous eraser tool. Known issue?

Post by support » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:24 am

Maybe you just accidentally switch hotkeys preset (f1,f2,f3) to other and change your hotkeys, Check it at menu-file-define hotkeys.
Also, you can try to reset hotkeys at menu-other-reset to default
Jessicruel

Post by Jessicruel » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:35 am

Fixed. Paintstorms Eraser Tool hotkey picks the SECOND category in the brush list, dont matter what it is. So if Eraser is 3rd, Brushes 2nd, and Effects 3rd, the eraser tool will select 2nd Brush category. All I did was put erasers category back in 2nd and moved the default eraser I want to use on top and it works.

So how would I bind a key to a specific brush? I want to bind E to a specific eraser brush. Cant find any documentation, only support mentioning that its possibe.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:33 am

Yes, 2nd category is special for erasers.
abstractliving

Post by abstractliving » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:20 am

To bind to a specific brush you can click this button

This is how I've bound N to a pencil and B to a brush despite them both being in the same category