Several issues (Which is probably connected to the GPU)

KangSeoYun
Several issues (Which is probably connected to the GPU)

Post by KangSeoYun » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:36 pm

First of all my PSS doesn't behave properly right now. It shows nothing but black area, the canvas, and the color selector in its window. I tried older versions but those were the same too.

It started with brush strokes. (I think it's since the 2.03 update) Brushes started to make random, colorful, broken strokes with gpu acceleration. I couldn't capture it since I've got BSOD after that. But I searched forum and found these posts which describes very similar problems to my case.

http://www.paintstormstudio.com/forum/v ... php?t=4076
http://www.paintstormstudio.com/forum/v ... php?t=4062

I thought it was just a small bug and turned off the gpu acceleration. And things were fine for a while.

But since that, especially when I'm watching videos while I'm painting, the videos started to lag and get fragmented. And a lot of BSOD started to happen. When I'm updating my tablet driver, when I'm watching videos, suddenly screen turned blue and I had to reboot the PC.

I guess PSS has done something to the graphic card. Because videos are now turning green and fragmented even without PSS running. And eventually PSS itself seems to be broken as I mentioned.

I'm buying a new graphic card. Maybe it was also that my model is quite old. But I'm afraid if the same thing is going to happen soon with my new one too.

CPU : Intel Core(TM) i7-2600
GC : AMD Radeon HD 6800
RAM : 16G
TABLET : Wacom Intuos pro M
Last edited by KangSeoYun on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
support
Site Admin

Re: Several issues (Which is probably connected to the GPU)

Post by support » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:37 am

You can testing how it works without gpu, turn off - "menu-file-OpenGL-gpu acceleration" and restart Paintstorm.
Also, you can try to update your graphics card drivers.
I've noticed that some glitches happen most on Radion, but this all not often, just a few reports.
KangSeoYun

Re: Several issues (Which is probably connected to the GPU)

Post by KangSeoYun » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks a lot for replying. Keep up the good work.

Update: I bought and installed a new Radeon RX 560 graphic card. (Radeon again, I didn't know it happens on that models)

PSS works fine now, I turned GPU acceleration off in OpenGL menu and I'm having no problem for now.

* And when I turn GPU acceleration on, the brush strokes are fine (unlike how it was on the last model) but it lags.