Brush strokes are deleted when going over or near them or saving (after some time of using the software)

Renmiou
Brush strokes are deleted when going over or near them or saving (after some time of using the software)

Post by Renmiou » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello,

I had a weird issue while inking a drawing: when I draw near to an area that's already drawn (eg: draw the eyebrow near the eye) the lines that are already drawn on that layer and end up being where the brush circle is as I'm drawing new lines end up being erased.

This happened after about an hour of inking another character with no problems. The only change I'd made to the program right before inking the second character on a new layer was to turn off Autosave as it froze my PC for a few seconds (probably due to the file's size, about 3000px wide, 300dpi, as requested by my client). I don't know if turning off Autosave would be related. I had this happen 4 times in a row, where it deleted a feature I'd drawn previously.

The file itself is a PSD that I started in Photoshop and I wanted to try inking in PaintStorm. I also noticed that when I saved my file after this issue started happening the entire mouth disappeared out of the blue (this was the last thing I'd drawn before saving).

I am now unable to reproduce it after taking a break to write this report, so I assume whatever it is that makes it happen might be related to something else, but I'm unable to reproduce it at the moment.

I'm on the latest version of the program at the moment of writing (2.10-121117). I'm on Windows 10 and I use an NVidia graphic tablet.
support
Site Admin

Re: Brush strokes are deleted when going over or near them or saving (after some time of using the software)

Post by support » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 am

To fix it try to hide/show the top layer.
Anyway, autosave will be changed to the nearest new update.