Sensitivity doesn't work until I lunch "wacom tablet properties" software

IgorS
Sensitivity doesn't work until I lunch "wacom tablet properties" software

Post by IgorS » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:33 pm

I almost always need to launch "wacom tablet properties", otherwise sensitivity and pen buttons don't work.
It happens only with Paintstorm. It is long-time issue, near 2 years since I discovered this great app.
I have r5_1600 + gtx960 +Cintiq13HD +Win10, and the last wacom and geforce drivers. The same situation with my previously workstation - laptop Core-I7 3d gen. + Win8.
SilverSurfer1221

Re: Sensitivity doesn't work until I lunch "wacom tablet properties" software

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 am

I had posted something about Paintstorm losing focus (i.e. Windows doesn't think it's the program being used at the moment). When this happens, you can draw and paint,but no pressure sensitivity. I used to restore it by running the pen/tablet driver, like you. However, I found that if I click out of the program and back on the program again, Paintstorm comes back into focus. Because I have two monitors, running Paintstorm on monitor 2, I just click on monitor 1 and then back on Paintstorm. It's faster than opening tablet properties. Does this work for you? Or simply minimizing Paintstorm and maximizing it again?

In any case, the developers told me they were aware of the focus issue in Windows and were trying to figure out the problem.
IgorS

Post by IgorS » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:34 pm

I just click on monitor 1 and then back on Paintstorm.
Thanks for the idea! It does work.
SilverSurfer1221

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:54 am

You're welcome. ;)