xp-pen deco01 tablet issues

OAH
xp-pen deco01 tablet issues

Post by OAH » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 am

Hi

I'm using the latest versions of paintstorm and the xp-pen deco01 drivers but many of the brushes do not work at all. However, I have found that this issue is improved by selecting the "rope" option on all the brushes, but the results are still not perfect. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks
Aelita

Re: xp-pen deco01 tablet issues

Post by Aelita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:46 am

I have the exact same problem. Some brushes i just can do points (when using strong force) but no lines. Using rope isn´t always a good option since it disturbs the "normal paint flow".
Azuregos

Post by Azuregos » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:44 am

Hi

I concur, Xp-Pen Deco01 tablet does not work with Paintstorm Studio.
Pressure sensitivity is not detected on strokes but is detected when you tap tablet surface with a light click.

Dear devs, I am a paying customer and a developer myself. I would be very happy to help you fix this issue by running debug build of Paintstorm, test out the patch or provide you with any information you might need.

Details:
Windows 7, Paintstormstudio 2.2, Xp-Pen Deco 01 latest drivers, both Windows Ink and default mode was tried, all tablet option in Paintsotrmstudio were tried to no avail.
Azuregos

Post by Azuregos » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:56 pm

Important new information:

I've tested the Deco 01 with Different Versions of Painstorm Studio.

Paintstorm Studio 2.1: Tablet works. Pressure sensitivity is recognized correctly. But ANY change in Tablet configuration window will break it and no amount of configuration will make it work again. Only clean reinstall of the program.
Paintstorm Studio 2.2: Not working out of the box. Not working after selecting different modes in Tablet Properties.

It seems that something in version 2.2 broke the support for this tablet entirely although some issues were already visible with 2.1

I sincerely wish that dev team would look into this. :|

Best regards,
Oleksandr
j9radiohead

Post by j9radiohead » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:39 am

Hello, i had the same problem. I have the newest version of the xp pen artist 15.6 the one with the passive stylus, and no built in stand. anyways, i had the same issue. which was weird, cause at first i didnt have a problem, and now all the sudden, its like it would only make a single dot, or work only when i click on rope, like you had mentioned. i did however also find, that if you go into the settings of the brush, on the left had side, where you find rope, a little bit below that is the stabilization scale. and once i turned it down as low as it would go, the pen seemed to work fine again. not sure if this helps, but the software is new, and xppen may need to update their drivers? so, hopefully in the future we wont have to mess with it, and itll be fixed in a driver or software update.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:52 am

Please test how it works on the previous version? http://www.paintstormstudio.com/Paintst ... 10_x64.exe
Also, try to set stabilizer to 0 - is it same?
DrCreo

Post by DrCreo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:57 pm

I have the same issue on a XP pen Star06 both Paintstorm and tablet drivers are the latest. I tried the Paintstorm version provided here and its working. It seems to just be the new Paintstorm version.

version 2.10-121117 is working.
Azuregos

Post by Azuregos » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Dear Support,

When Stabilization is set to 0 or 1 Paintstorm Studio 2.2 does work fine. Pen pressure is recognized correctly. It also works with 'Rope' mode enabled. Otherwise, any stabilization value larger then 1 will result in a single dot placed on the canvas instead of a stoke.

Rainstorm Studio 2.1 works without issues.

Although, opening Tablet Settings dialog in 2.1 and 2.2 and closing it with OK button without making any changes will knock out pen pressure on my tablet and make lines look jittery or sometimes stop responding to pen at all. But this looks like another issue entirely. And it has clear workaround - don't open Tablet Settings dialog :)

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:13 am

I've bought XP pen tablet for testing and find the issue, it will be fixed in the nearest release (coming on this week)
DrCreo

Post by DrCreo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:52 pm

Any news on that update with the fixes?