Multi-core CPU usage up to 400%

artsapiens
Multi-core CPU usage up to 400%

Post by artsapiens » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi! I found your application in some reviews and decided to give it a try, downloaded and installed trial version. I use Mas Os El Capitan 10.11.6, being on late-2008 Mac Pro with 16 GB RAM onboard, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680.

What I noticed is that when multi-core more is on, even when application is idle, doing nothing - it starts consuming just huge amount of CPUs. Turning multi-core off and everything goes back to normal.

It seems to be the bug, and while right now I'm considering purchasing this app and I'd like to know is there any fix or if this bug will be addressed any time soon?

I'm unable to attach gif with screengrab while doing my tests, so here is link to it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o43ydyp57hkc ... n.gif?dl=0

Thank in advance for our reply!
Regards, D.
support
Site Admin

Re: Multi-core CPU usage up to 400%

Post by support » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Yes, some users have overload processor issue with MAC OS. We'll try to fix it in the next release.
Now better turn off multicore support in menu-file-options-performance.
JezuzStardust

Re: Multi-core CPU usage up to 400%

Post by JezuzStardust » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Ah! I had problems with my Macbook Pro running the fans all the time if Painstorm was just open. Turning off multi-core solved it for me also. I do not notice any performance differences. Superior software and super great support!