crash when saving / autosave recovery

hypernought
crash when saving / autosave recovery

Post by hypernought » Tue May 08, 2018 12:39 pm

hi, i´v been working with PSS the last month and having constant issues with save files, trying to figure out yet what makes the program crash after file saving, i doesn't happen every time but at least 1/4 times it crashes after saving and closing the program.

im having panic attacks always have to double check if the file really saved or not, i had the issue that when you come back again the document is empty or didnt save the progress a couple of times

right now i lost important progress on a comercial work, after a crash the program asked to recover the auto save, i clicked no because i though my file was alright but now i figured is empty,

Q: where are the auto save files stored? is there a way to recover the autosave?
support
Site Admin

Re: crash when saving / autosave recovery

Post by support » Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 am

autosaves Windows folder: Documents/Paintstorm studio/Autosaves
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Paintstorm Studio/Autosaves
ipad : itunes folder of Paintstorm

What I want suggest to every man who have the same issues, not only with Paintstorm but with every important files: use Mega cloud (www.mega.nz) this is the only cloud which stores all files version, for example, if you overwrite your file - you can find the previous version in the trash bin of this cloud! You can synchronize all required folders. This cloud is not very fast speed on a free plan, but it's awesome anyway.
zhiny

Post by zhiny » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 am

support wrote:autosaves Windows folder: Documents/Paintstorm studio/Autosaves
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Paintstorm Studio/Autosaves
ipad : itunes folder of Paintstorm

What I want suggest to every man who have the same issues, not only with Paintstorm but with every important files: use Mega cloud (http://www.mega.nz) this is the only cloud which stores all files version, for example, if you overwrite your file - you can find the previous version in the trash bin of this cloud! You can synchronize all required folders. This cloud is not very fast speed on a free plan, but it's awesome anyway.
You just saved my life now! I thought my whole weekend progress was lost because I closed my file thinking I had previously saved, which just a few minutes ago I noticed it was wrong!! I recovered the most part of it thanks to the autosave
dni

Post by dni » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:55 pm

perfect, except PSS saved 6 version of the exact same file with exact same size. i save every 5-10 minutes manually because i don't trust apps, yet 3 hours work went to hell. the file i was saving over was not save. not even once today. yet. NO ONE crtl+S as much as i do. nice bug...