Grouped Layers Opacity

DigiArt
Grouped Layers Opacity

Post by DigiArt » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:49 pm

When you group multiple layers including with other groupings / folders into a single containing folder and then change the opacity on that folder the individual layers within the parent folder opacities change also. This makes each layer see through where you can see all the layers behind.

I do not want to merge layers into one static layer and then change the opacity of that image. I want the groupings of separate layers including sub folders to behave as if they were one layer and have the opacity change but not see through individual layers. Basically make the parent container behave as if all the contained layers and subfolders were one layer and change the opacity without seeing through individual layers inside.

I am trying to onion skin a drawing made up of multiple layers but each layer the opacity also changes so you see through to the under layers and that is not want I want to happen.
support
Site Admin

Re: Grouped Layers Opacity

Post by support » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 am

You can solve it with a folder mask - Apply mask to a folder, fill mask layer it, change its opacity