Low memory warnings on iPad pro

Basiccomic
Low memory warnings on iPad pro

Post by Basiccomic » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:21 pm

I’ve just upgraded my iPad Pro from the original 12.9 to the new 3rd gen model. Before the change, I’d very often see the low memory warning when working with fairly small (less than 2000px) files. After moving to the new model (clean install, not an iCloud restore) it’s worse if anything.
For instance. I have the blank untitled canvas up. I then loaded a second (1920x1080) JPEG image. There were no other apps open but I still got memory warnings (only 28meg left).
I’ve dropped the amount of history states down but there’s really nothing else I can think of to do. The only changes I made to the program on install was to add 9 or 10 brushes and a saved custom UI layout from iCloud. Any thoughts? Paintstorm is the perfect paint program and I really want to keep using it.
smile4yourself

Re: Low memory warnings on iPad pro

Post by smile4yourself » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:29 am

do you know if you are using the 4 GB Ram version or the 6 GB? Apparently one needs to buy the 1TB storage to get the 6GB RAM. Not sure if it makes any difference though. I am considering an upgrade from my second generation ipad pro.
Jher451

Re: Low memory warnings on iPad pro

Post by Jher451 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:48 pm

I’ve always gotten those warnings but it never seemed to be an issue. All of a sudden lately it won’t even let me open new documents in 300dpi. Even if I open a new file and try to resize it, it won’t let me. Do the developers read any of these forums? I feel like I’ve never gotten a response from them about the low memory warning despite several attempts to reach out..