ipad v. 2.32-040219 is broken; can not load photos

smile4yourself
ipad v. 2.32-040219 is broken; can not load photos

Post by smile4yourself » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 am

I loaded the latest version from the Apple store, but it completely failed today after I tried to load a rather large png file. (22.4 MB); the app never worked again. I erased it and reloaded it from the app store, but trying to load a smaller jpg version of the file still fails. (2.3MB);

You can see the video of Paintstorm trying to load the file with a blinking screen on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/162801737580057/

It's interesting that updates to Paintstorm on the ipad do not get pushed into the section of the app store that has your updates. When there is an update, one is not notified by Apple, but if one looks for the app, they find that it has an update. That's how I updated it yesterday.

I also noticed that prior to completely failing, the apple pencil was not very responsive. Even if I changed the global pressure settings, it would seem to ignore certain menus.

Hope you fix it soon. I have been using it every day.

Donald
smile4yourself

Re: ipad v. 2.32-040219 is broken; can not load photos

Post by smile4yourself » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:53 am

I notice that the first time it trys to open a file, the screen flashes on the right section in a bizarre manner, but if you minimize the app, and then re-open it, is seems to load the image.
smile4yourself

Post by smile4yourself » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:06 am

I notice too, that if I exit the program using the 'exit' menu, the app closes, but remains minimized in memory.
smile4yourself

Post by smile4yourself » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Today I upgraded the ipad with the latest version from the apple app store. This time Paintstorm showed up in my updates. That's an improvement. The version number has not been changed. That is why I am posting this here, because it shows the same version number as the previous. The latest download does not flicker on and off after loading an image. This is an improvement too. If you exit via the menu, the program does not exit and remains in the minimized ipad apps. This may be an issue because you have to fource the program to exit by sliding the app off the screen.

Ihave a problem with the eraser tool since the last version. You can not set it to the eraser you want. It is stuck on the erasermode in a double brush. I can select other brushes and other ersers, but this eraser icon in the toolbar to the right of the screen (it starts with the selector/MOVE TOOL and ends in the hand tool) is stuck. ‘Reset all’ did not fix it.

Thanks for the good work.