Importing from camera roll on iPad Pro not working.

Joel Stewart
Importing from camera roll on iPad Pro not working.

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:03 am

I can’t get images to open at all from the camera roll on iPad Pro on the latest version. If I use ‘place image” instead I get a notification saying canvas must be larger than 64 x 64 pixels (it is much larger, of course). On my previous iPad Pro (I’ve just replaced a gen-one with a gen-two) I had a similar but less serious issue where the photos from camera roll would open but do strange things to the UI.
Joel Stewart

Re: Importing from camera roll on iPad Pro not working.

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:12 am

It would be useful if not only this were fixed but if you could use the device clipboard to copy images directly from the camera roll, and also to have an ‘open in Paintstorm’ function in the iOS share menu. Procreate has both these functionalities already.
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:13 am

And of course Paintstorm really needs its own dedicated Files folder in iOS too.
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:30 am

The issue appears to be to do with file formatting. I edited one image with the Pro Camera app and resaved and now I can open it -although with the above mentioned UI weirdness. Not a long term solution...
smile4yourself

Post by smile4yourself » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:52 am

This happens to me if I do a screen save, and then try to load the image with PSS. The work around is reduce the resolution/size of the photo.

Sometimes screen saves can make an image bigger than 12meg. Make sure that you don't havn't many photos opened too on the top menu bar. Previous photos you opened don't close when you open a new one.
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:44 am

Thanks. Odd that there would be a 12mb limit since Paintstorm can otherwise open psd files much bigger than that.