Surface Book 2 - Pen Pressure

mtibbs1989
Surface Book 2 - Pen Pressure

Post by mtibbs1989 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased a Surface Book 2 which uses Windows Ink for pen pressure. I currently use Krita (with no pressure sensitivity issues), but I decided to give the trial version of Paint Storm Studio a try. However, I am unable to get pressure to enable within Paint Storm Studio. Would someone be able to provide me some knowledge or insight into potentially resolving this issue?

Thanks!
mdarien

Re: Surface Book 2 - Pen Pressure

Post by mdarien » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:21 pm

Has there been a fix?

I am having the same issue. I'm currently on a Surface Book 2 running the latest trial version of Paintstorm Studio. There seems to be no pressure support at all which is unfortunate because it makes the program virtually unusable for my workflow. This is a surprisingly robust program at a great price, but I can't justify buying into the full program without pen pressure support.

I hope Paintstorm can fix this issue soon.
mdarien

Re: Surface Book 2 - Pen Pressure

Post by mdarien » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:16 am

My previous reply outlining that I have the same issue as you may not have been approved for posting yet, but nonetheless I've found a fix. Make your way to the Microsoft website and download the Wintab x64 Drivers for Surface Book (drivers not available on Surface Book 2 download page). That should fix your pen pressure issues in Paintstorm Studio.

Also, since I work with relatively high pixel count files, some ways to optimize the brush so that it reduces lag is by reducing the Blur down to zero. I also reduced the Stabilizer to zero in order to keep the brush as accurate to my pen strokes as possible.

Hope this helps you. If this post ever gets approved for posting, that is. Its been two days since I've submitted my previous post. lol