Blur/Color amount bug

kezaro
Blur/Color amount bug

Post by kezaro » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Hello. I noticed a problem where brushes blur even when I set color amount and blur (possibly extends color) to zero. Screenshot attached.

Steps to replicate:
1. Use a basic line brush (no bristles) and paint two lines that overlap each other with a hard border.
2. Set the same brush to blur = 0, extends color = 0 and color amount = 0.
3. Go over the border between the lines. The line will start to blur.

Expected behavior: No blur should occur.

Thanks.
Attachments
blur issue.jpg
blur issue.jpg (81.02KiB)Viewed 2172 times
support
Site Admin

Re: Blur/Color amount bug

Post by support » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:42 pm

All works correct, color amount 0 - means that no color from the color wheel picked (Main color) adding to the mix. But brush continues mix existed color, if you want that brush does not draw set opacity to 0 :)
rattsang

Post by rattsang » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:14 pm

"Expected behavior: No blur should occur." - that isnt blur its smear and as pointed out in the post above it is controlled with opacity
kezaro

Post by kezaro » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:16 am

My main issue is that if I'm painting with opacity > 0 and with color amount > 0 (I was just setting color amount to 0 to better illustrate the issue), the strokes I paint get progressively blurred when I don't want them to. This results in a painting that is not as sharp as I'd like. It seems counterintuitive that the opacity setting would also blur a stroke since I've never seen this in any other software that I've used. However, I see that this is working as intended, so I'll try to work around this problem. Thank you for getting back to me.
rattsang

Post by rattsang » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:04 am

kezaro wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:16 am
My main issue is that if I'm painting with opacity > 0 and with color amount > 0 (I was just setting color amount to 0 to better illustrate the issue), the strokes I paint get progressively blurred when I don't want them to. This results in a painting that is not as sharp as I'd like. It seems counterintuitive that the opacity setting would also blur a stroke since I've never seen this in any other software that I've used. However, I see that this is working as intended, so I'll try to work around this problem. Thank you for getting back to me.
blur should be on set to "100" if you want sharp edges or steps in your blending.

if you want share the brush you are trying to use and a description of what it should do ,maybe i or someone else can try to fix it for you.