Linux version randomly crashing

cestarian
Linux version randomly crashing

Post by cestarian » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:11 am

Terrible news, after drawing for a couple minutes on the linux version (currently on Manjaro) the program segfaults :(

It's happened to me several times, and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it this time around, the worst part is that I've skipped a couple of versions so I can't tell which version introduced this issue. I'm currently browsing through older versions to see where the issue began (and also to find a usable version until this gets fixed... I hope this issue gets some priority, this is the only program I can draw with on linux, seriously, everything else is garbage :/ I tried going back to krita earlier but I just can't man, their brush engine is so slow and no matter how I tweak it the basic brushes just dont' work the way they should.)

I do need a link to version 2.40.1 though, I couldn't guess the download url for it (it's not https://paintstormstudio.com/Paintstorm ... run.tar.gz like I thought)

(Edit: It seems that the issue does not seem present in 2.40, but is present in 2.42, all I need now is to know if it's also in 2.40.1 and we can narrow down what version the issue started with)

It'd be nice if other linux users chime in and share if they're having (or even if they're not having) this issue.
Releksi

Re: Linux version randomly crashing

Post by Releksi » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:54 pm

I have crashes when trying to enter something in editing fields (such renaming layers, change canvas size, etc)/ Working under root solving this problem.
But idk whats going on :shock:
snapper

Post by snapper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Crashing on Manjaro every 5 minutes. The solution for me is switching off autosave.

Hope it helps.
mdudley

Post by mdudley » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:27 pm

I found crashing related to autosave on linux mint 19.3
It seems that during autosave a dialogue popup was created behind the application window and not easy to access it. I found it by chance running paintstorm not fullscreen, as a tiny application window off to one side. It seems that any save related command on linux can cause this problem if the save window gets behind the app when fullscreen.

Other than this problem, painstorm 2.43 works great on linux mint, after troubleshooting install and finding guide here:
https://www.paintstormstudio.com/forum/ ... php?t=4853