Lag in pen to register stoke; Brush delay

whereispigeon
Lag in pen to register stoke; Brush delay

Post by whereispigeon » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:52 pm

(I am copying portions of an older post because it describes near exact what is happening; I reviewed the thread but did not find a successful solution
https://www.paintstormstudio.com/forum/ ... eter#p8278)

I have a slight delay or rather I need to move the cursor far enough from starting point for it to start drawing. Doesn't matter if I go fast or slow I just need to draw a centimeter or something for the brush to start drawing. I have tested my tablet and pen in other programs without issue, which leads me to believe that whatever is happening is localized to Paintstorm. It's only the pen function that has issues, if I opt to draw with my mouse, everything is ezpz (other than the fact that I am drawing with mouse -_- ) Last time I used Paintstorm successfully was around September. This issue has happened in the past but usually resolves itself (with updates I assume)

So far I have: uninstalled/installed Paintstorm and my Huion tablet. Check for updates on Windows 10 and drivers. Adjusted stabilizers inside Paintstorm. Turned Windows pen and ink settings on and off. Turned off Windows ink settings in my tablet. Turned on and off "Coorindate Mouse settings" in side paintstorm.

I am hoping the fix is just a small settings change; I saw that some users went so far as to remove Windows Pen and Ink from the registry... I am computer savvy but not that daring.

Lemme know if you have a fix- thx