Problems on Linux: misaligned cursor, and interface elements that stretch beyond the window

Meepish
Problems on Linux: misaligned cursor, and interface elements that stretch beyond the window

Post by Meepish » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Hello! I've been happily using Paintstorm Studio on Windows, but I'd really prefer to use it on Linux, so I decided to try again, this time on the newest Ubuntu.

One problem is that the cursor seems to be misaligned when using the Wacom Cintiq tablet. If I use the mouse, everything's right. If I use the tablet in any other app (like Krita), everything's right too. But using the Wacom Cintiq with Paintstorm Studio makes the cursor shifted a little. The same problem seems to appear if I run the Windows version on Linux using Wine, but the Windows version has an additional option in the settings that actually fixes the issue. The Linux version doesn't have that option, unfortunately. :(

Another problem is that the interface element stretch beyond the window, and it's impossible to make them smaller. It looks like this.

And the elements can't be resized. Even if I make the entire program's window much larger than my screen, and then move it around so that I can see the end of the Layers panel, clicking and dragging on the bottom edge doesn't do anything, even though it's supposed to resize the panel.
support
Site Admin

Re: Problems on Linux: misaligned cursor, and interface elements that stretch beyond the window

Post by support » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 am

:( Yes you can't enable coordinate mouse mode in linux.
Meepish

Re: Problems on Linux: misaligned cursor, and interface elements that stretch beyond the window

Post by Meepish » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:10 am

Thanks for the answer! Will there be an option in the future to enable coordinate mouse mode in Linux? It works when running Paintstorm Studio on Wine.

What about the stretched interface elements, can something be done about it?
theWeaver

Post by theWeaver » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:05 am

Please try to add this to the to-do list as Paintstorm seems to run well on Linux besides for this issue!
ryanwc

Post by ryanwc » Wed May 13, 2020 4:31 pm

I believe this issue is now fixed. I use a Cintiq 21ux, and my cursor is now aligned correctly with the latest update. What a great day for Linux. :D

Thank you Paintstorm Studio team.
ryanwc

Post by ryanwc » Wed May 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Unfortunately in my excitement, I spoke too soon. I have a copy of Windows PSS installed in wine. I accidentally opened it instead of the new Linux version.... Problem still persists in the Linux version.