iPad App unusable

Shigge
iPad App unusable

Post by Shigge » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Heya, I bought Paintstorm long ago in 2016 and wanted to start using it more now, but it is completely unusable at the moment, am I doing something wrong?

I have an iPad Pro (first Gen), work on relatively small images (2000x2000px with 150dpi) and even standard brushes lag extremely. Just a soft round brush at a size of 100 lets my program go to 1 frame per second for up to half a minute, my brush stroke is painted in slow motion.

Am I doing something wrong?
support
Site Admin

Re: iPad App unusable

Post by support » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:02 am

Brushes for iPad 100% copy of PC version, but some of it can work extremely slow. Actually this brush needs to be adapted to the iPad or removed from the library.
Critical sliders to overload processor:
"Blur" 0
"Spacing" 0 (fixation checkbox)

Spacing 0 requires for very flat brushes like you want to draw tape or something etc. For round brushes better set spacing 5-25 (and disable "fixation")

Blur 0 works well with a little spacing to stimulate "Finger" but it works very slow on low devices.
Set blur near 90-95 to simulate watercolor burning, and blur 100 for classic blending burhs.

Check 1st brushes category -
Airbrush, Dynamic pencil - should work fast
"Classic blend brush" probably works slow, try to increase spacing slider from 3 to 15 - the result will be very same but much faster.