updated to latest version but Classic SAI water settings different

Blendie
updated to latest version but Classic SAI water settings different

Post by Blendie » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:24 am

Hello :-)
Just found out I could run PSS successfully and with pressure on Linux via using DECO 01 had just bought and running v2.10. Tried the latest version today, which is great, and I'd read the changelog before updating and seen something about some brushes had changed, but didn't understand the details. The Classic SAI water seems to be behaving differently; it used to blend immediately, but now is difficult to blend smoothly. I've tried every setting, resetting the category, etc, but can't seem to get it to behave as it used to.

EDIT: have turned off pressure on colour amount, which has helped a bit with better overall colour, but still the blending isn't smooth.
Tried fully clean install, incase some bits of v2.10 were still there, but it's the same.
I'll reinstall v2.10 now, so I can get on with painting, but would welcome advice on how to restore original SAI water settings in latest version. :)
AMD, SparkyOS/Mate, XP-Pen Deco v2
Blendie

Re: updated to latest version but Classic SAI water settings different

Post by Blendie » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Hello again. Is there a response to this? It would be cool to be able to use the latest version.
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:15 pm

No worries. I've moved to Sai2.
rattsang

Post by rattsang » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:01 pm

i find the pressure curve is weird in linux in paintstorm and its as if the bottom of the curve is missing if you use default. by adding a dip at the start of the curve like in the image you can then use lighter touches. the setting is in Options>pen pressure hardness.

I personally also cap the curve at 85% because i dont want to press too hard for full pressurs, thats why there is another change at the end of the curve so dont change the end of the curve unless you also want this.
Attachments
curve.png
curve.png (26.45KiB)Viewed 3649 times
Blendie

Post by Blendie » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:15 pm

Thanks Rattsang :-) I appreciate your response. I hadn't been having any issues re pressure with other brushes, and the changelogs had said some brushes had been changed and would need manual tweaking, but of course 'support' doesn't bother to answer ... just confirms that it was a good decision to drop paintstorm. Anyway, it's not you I'm pissed at, so thanks for taking the time. I was lucky to see your response (just checked for the final time, as presumed the forum would be deader than ever, with the new 'toy' thing out now), so apologies for any delay in responding.