List of issues I'm experiencing on Manjaro(Arch) Linux

cestarian
List of issues I'm experiencing on Manjaro(Arch) Linux

Post by cestarian » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:08 pm

Installed via the AUR package. I've been using the program for a couple of days, this is the full list of issues I have experienced throughout it.

I am using KDE (on X11, not Wayland).
  • Wacom tablet pressure is not being properly detected after the program starts up. I have not found a consistent way to get the program to start detecting pressure, but usually messing around by drawing with mouse, with the stylus and with the stylus eraser eventually prompts the program to start detecting pressure correctly. If I go afk for a long time, at some point the program will stop detecting pressure and I have to restart it to get it to detect it normally again.
  • Cannot drag & drop image files into Paintstorm, can also not open a file with paintstorm (e.g. right click image file + open with and select paintstorm) must open paintstorm and go to file -> open if I want to open an image file in paintstorm. This applies to .PSS files as well.
  • Selecting the text tool or pressing T to switch to the text tool crashes the program (If other linux users are experiencing this too, perhaps the text tool should be disabled in linux builds until this is resolved?)
  • Autosaving crashes the program (Saving normally works as expected though!)
  • Menu Popups (like click yes to confirm dialogues, or if I'm opening/saving a file, selecting a location) open up behind the program instead of on top of the program, and the program GUI freezes while these popups are open, but luckily unfreezes when they close.
  • Had a problem where I was editing the keybinds and I couldn't close the edit keybind menu, had to restart program to close it.
  • Missing text in KDE (Solved)
  • The box in the navigator that indicates where on a document you are looking is off center and does not display the correct position. (I remember this issue was also here years ago when I last used PSS; None of the others were, but admittedly the text tool didn't exist yet back then.)