First Paintstorm Sudio image

Digital Dave
First Paintstorm Sudio image

Post by Digital Dave » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:59 pm

This is a image I'm presently working up for a Halloween Challenge on an art site I belong to. Though I still have a couple weeks to work on it, I'm pretty much done at this point. (with maybe some minor small details I might add before the time/Month ends) But since it was the first image I've done in PSS, thought to post it here as well. :)

With the exception of taking it into Photo Shop for a few minor adjustments, and since I find the transform tool in PSS a bit limited at the moment, it was done predominately in Paintstorm Studio. And I have to say, I've been really enjoying using this program!!! With a few more enhancements that are probably in the works for future upgrades for this program, I might be doing most of my works in Paintstorm. Or at least working with it in conjunction with my other programs I use, which are Photo Shop, Manga Studio and Artrage. Though I usually just use Artrage for sketching, being I've never actually worked up a full image with it Not very fond of the other tools that are in the program. ... But I'm also finding that sketching in PSS is quite nice as well, if not equal to anything else I've used. ... One great program!

JoseConseco

Re: First Paintstorm Sudio image

Post by JoseConseco » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:21 am

I love the history in this image. This is definitely giving more believability to image, and It is the think lacknig in my works. Good job
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:36 am

Nice!
What transform limit do you mean?
Digital Dave

Post by Digital Dave » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:14 pm

support wrote:Nice!
What transform limit do you mean?
Thank you both. :)

Well it might just be me not knowing the program well enough yet, but when I make adjustments, I like the use of the warp, perception, etc. functions that's in the Photo Shop transform tool. Simply right-clicking the selected area to access these options.

When I select a section to use the transform option in Paintstorm Studio, I only see the option of re-sizing that selection itself and not sure how to do other things such as perception, warp, or pull portions of the selection around as you can do in PS. And to be honest, wasn't sure if they were just not available yet? ... If these options are indeed available, I'm not sure how to access them and would love to know how! :) Though I have played around some, if there is a hotkey or something needed to access other functions, I haven't found it yet.

For example, in Manga Studio 5 I found the transform tool to be similar, only being able to resize that selection. Until one day I accidentally clicked I believe the (Option) key? I could then grab one corner alone of the selection and make different adjustments, such as perception, skew, etc. - But not having all the knowledge of the functions in PSS yet, I may just be overlooking it.

Thanks again
Digital Dave

Post by Digital Dave » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Update... When I got home from work, I played around with the transform tool some more, and did find that if I hold down control it does indeed allow me to pull the corners alone. This does allow for more adjustments, but I would still like to see the perception and warp options added if this is possible? ... If so, I wouldn't see any need to take an image out of PSS for any reason. :)

Thanks again
Abdullah Al-Farsi

Post by Abdullah Al-Farsi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:09 am

Very nice work... :)

The lighting is really impressive and the perspective is great.

Also, the textures and details are brilliantly done.

Keep it up :)