Great Flood

Korontari
Great Flood

Post by Korontari » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:05 pm

A while ago I acquired Paintstorm and field tested it on one of my works that I was doing for art challenge at Cubebrush. By the time I already had all sketches done and I used Paintstorm to paint/render final image. I very much enjoyed the brush engine! It allows for creation of rather intricate brushes with subtle control of many parameters, well structured and is not loaded with excessive and demanding features like "watercolor" emulation etc. I think it far exceeds the PS brush engine and can compete with Corel Painter's in many aspects. I also enjoyed many UI features like individual brush hotkeys, slider hotkeys, reference layer etc. Of course there are many things to improve, bugs to fix and features to add. :) But considering a symbolic price I wouldn't want to push too much on that. While working in Paintstorm I was writing down a list of fixes that I think would benefit it and if development team is interested, I could share it. But again, overall impression is very very positive and I hope the software will develop further. Kudos to the Paintstorm team, well done! :)

Last edited by Korontari on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
support
Site Admin

Re: Great Flood

Post by support » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:11 am

Brilliant! Please continue to glad us with your art!
Also, please write about bugs and suggestions, you can write straight to info@paintstormstudio.com
ArmorWraith

Post by ArmorWraith » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 pm

Very enjoyable!

Armor
Florian G.

Post by Florian G. » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:18 pm

Looks beautiful. I especially like that single ship on the left :) It's a properly placed point of interest. In general, it is an overall balanced composition — the eyes keep moving around and around. Well done.
Korontari

Post by Korontari » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Thank you all for the feedback, I appreciate that.
@support I will send bugs and suggestions in a week or two, just need to put my scribbles in comprehensive form. :)
smile4yourself

Post by smile4yourself » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:52 am

you have great talent. Continue to develop it and produce output that can change the way people see. By seeing what we are doing, then maybe we will change for the better. Art helps blind people to see more clearly.

You are a light bringer.

Donald