My Drawing and a Request for Tips : )

Corpse0327
My Drawing and a Request for Tips : )

Post by Corpse0327 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello everyone!

I recently thought i should do a challenge for myself and decided to draw lots of anime characters from anime scenes. To improve my knowledge of facial types and also gain better understanding of coloring. So i drew this one.

ORIGINAL:

MINE:

After finishing this drawing i thought, mine looks bad. So i wanted to seek help from you guys.

First off, i want to ask, what things i should work on and any tips and tricks you give would be appreciated. Secondly, I have some questions of my own. Hopefully you can spare some time for me. Thanks in advance.

* As you can see in the below images, there are problems with my lines. How can i improve it?
ImageImage

Also, here are my brush settings since probably i need to work on it too...

* I also am wondering if i am doing something wrong with resolution or size of my inking brush. Res: 900x1400 and inking brush size: 3

* The color change here doesnt look right(White spots and weird color jumps?). What techniques can i use to improve it?

Thanks in advance and hope you have a nice day : )
Florian G.

Re: My Drawing and a Request for Tips : )

Post by Florian G. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:49 am

Hi. My thoughts regarding your linework:
Attachments
mh12.jpg
mh12.jpg (277.51KiB)Viewed 12423 times
Corpse0327

Post by Corpse0327 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Thanks for helping Florian G.. But i have to say doing a circle or some line in one stroke is very hard... I guess i need a few hundred hours of practice on it.

Btw any advices on coloring?
ArmorWraith

Post by ArmorWraith » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:54 pm

Hey mate.

Check out this video by Sycra, he does a lot of good stuff when it comes to learning art fundamentals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kQllLy_X4I

All the best,

Armor
Corpse0327

Post by Corpse0327 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Thanks. That was a good video. Started slow and boring but suddenly turned into something beautiful : )

I am working on another drawing right now. Hopefully there will be some improvements. I am also thinking of sharing my drawings here everyday so that i can get constant feedback. Lets see where this goes...
Corpse0327

Post by Corpse0327 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 pm

After fixing some problems i had with my drawing like doing a line in many strokes and coloring issues. My drawing had a visible improvement.

Sketching

Inking and Coloring

Trying to imitate these anime characters really teach a lot about color choice and inking. I am planning to update this thread as i continue to draw characters from my challenge list. Hope i can improve further!

Thanks for everyone who gives me tips and pointers : )
Corpse0327

Post by Corpse0327 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:02 am

Some small improvements in my line work and now i learned a bit more about colors. Though i still went along with the colors from original image. : )

Now i need to learn techniques to improve efficiency so that i can draw faster.

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 am

what about bucket tool - use it on a bottom layer and use line layer as a reference layer, also you can increase fill/selection to 1px. Anyway some artifacts on sharp corners are inevitable. In real anime, they use alized lines to fast fill without artifacts, But they resolution is low and just blurred on a screen.
drawingforkids

Post by drawingforkids » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:42 am

Thanks for sharing an amazing idea about the idea

I am also working on drawing right now. Hopefully, there will be some improvements. I am also thinking of sharing my drawings here every day so that i can get constant feedback. Let's see where this goes
see my drawing ideas look here
drawing for kids
drawing for kids